Chapter 33: Is it Love?

Song: Love Virus by MONSTA X Kihyun and WJSN Seola OST from What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?

Enjoy!

_______________________

Nami's POV

I think it's pretty clear to me that I am still confused on what's happening here and that Chen is acting strange right now. Not only did he plan this unexpected date without telling me but he acted like our fight never existed.

We're silently eating our food that he apparently ordered somewhere and I'm constantly glaring at him to see if he was alright. At one point he catches me looking at him and smiles at me then continues eating. Yeah, there's something off about him. And I don't think this is about our fight got anymore either.

"Um, Chen?" I call out his name as I put down my utensils.

He looks up at me for a second then continues eating. "Yeah?"

I cleared my throat, "Are you okay? You seem a little weird."

He stops eating as well and raises his eyebrows. "What do you mean? I feel fine."

"Well...you're kind of quiet and you planned this date without even telling me. Most of all, you're not even saying anything about earlier." I explained.

He thinks for a moment then questions, "Do I seem like that?"

I nod in reply.

He sighs and takes out a handkerchief from his pocket and starts wiping his forehead that I just noticed is filled with sweat.

"Oh my gosh, are you sweating?" I ask.

He shook his head and laughed lightly, "Oh, uh, no no I'm not. Maybe just a little."

I ignored him anyway and continued on eating.

Weird. I thought. Then again, this whole day has been weird. Besides the fact that we had an argument on the bus earlier, my encounter with my grandma left me suspicious. After our long talk she said something that bothered me.

"You better not say no."  I remember her saying.

I didn't know what that meant and if she had said that then it probably would be related to Chen. Then there was also Baekhyun, who told me 'good luck' before I went up to the rooftop. Maybe it was a good luck to apologize but it didn't sound like he meant it that way. He sounded more secretive than wishing me for the best.

Hey Nami I have an idea, why not just ask him if this is related to anything. Yeah sure, let my conscience take over me.

I saw him stuffing all the food on his plate into his mouth in one go. He's not even chewing.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked Chen.

He suddenly chokes on his food, caught off guard by my question. He forced himself to swallow the whole thing and I watch him gulp down water afterwards. That portion must've been huge to swallow, I can feel his pain.

I cringe at him as he starts to cough out the water since he drank it to fast. I stood up from the table, grabbing a napkin in front of me in the process, and reach out my hand to pat his back and hand him the napkin.

"Maybe we should do this next time, you don't seem to have it today. Come on, I'll take you back to your room." I told him, massaging his back.

As I was about to grab my stuff and leave with him, he grabs my arm and stood up as well.