Chapter 9: Monodrama

Music! Swipe. To. The left.

Sorry I haven't updated in almost two weeks. First, I had a lot of tests at school which I had to study for. Second, the power went out this week and we had no Wi-Fi or internet. And third, I am exhausted. Thankfully, thanksgiving break is finally here which means I get a week off to just chill and update like two chapters. Probably not.

Also I'm planning to change the cast members cause I think it's pretty unclear. So I'm gonna add one character and change one character's actress.

__________________________________________

Chen's POV

I couldn't sleep at all.

I kept moving around on my bed and groaned. When I finally gave up, I decided to just stare at the ceiling seeing if that will help. But it only made it worse by making me think about today. I feel so stupid. I wish I could've waited longer before I told but no, I had to ruin our friendship. And I think I totally got friend-zoned.

Flashback...(no one's POV)

"I like you." Chen blurted out.

Nami stood frozen, not knowing what to do or say. This was the first time since freshman year that someone has confessed to her. She tried to find the rights words but stuttering came out of her mouth instead. "I....I....umm...I don't..."

"You don't have to say anything." Chen stopped her with his hands. "You can take your time. It doesn't have to be today, just...just think about it."

"Chen. I'm sorry..." she started, "you were right about this being too soon. I'm not saying that I don't like you, in fact I really do I like you but not in the same way you see me. I just wish I would've get to know you a little bit more to actually know if I feel the same."

He was upset, he didn't know if she was gonna reject him. They've been good friends and had fun over the week but he didn't realize that he liked her too soon.

"Maybe if it was a couple of months that we knew each other, then that would be more understandable. But in a week? I just feel like if I did something, it'll change your mind about me. Plus, we hardly even known each other. Sure we got to know each other a little bit but that's not enough."

"But you can just think about it. I don't want you to just throw this in the trash like it was nothing, I really want you to think about it. I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend or anything yet. I only want you to know how I feel."

She understood him. It would be kind of rude to just reject him on the spot, maybe it's not bad to just think about it for a couple of days.

She sighed, "I promise you. I'll think about it. But for now, I'm sorry."

In a flash, she was gone. And Chen was left alone standing on the rooftop feeling defeated. Chen's eyes traveled around the table he set up for the both of them. One thought popped in mind, 'We really should've eaten dinner first. This was such a waste.'