Chapter 28: Piece by Piece

Song: Lost Stars by Maroon 5

Enjoy!

(After this book and a couple more others, I will be soon a Xiumin x Soo Kyung book as part of the Exo series)

This Chapter is mostly details about the progress of the party and how Chen and Nami are about to meet each other again. It's actually kind of boring so bear with me :'( I just need this chapter to flow into the next.
_________________________

Nami's POV

Everyone was running around the restaurant like wild animals.

Is my 23rd birthday really that important? Is it really a big deal to throw a huge party that's qualified for rich people?

I stopped my mom as she was running across the room. "Mom, is this really necessary? You guys are clearly struggling getting the party stuff in the car."

She went around me and kept running. "Of course it is! This is a very important day. I would hate to spend it like every other birthdays."

"But where did you get all the money to rent a ballroom?" I asked her.

She gave me a reassuring smile, "That doesn't matter, honey. What matters, is that you are going to have the best birthday ever today, okay?" She said as she cupped my face and gave me a peck on my forehead then went back to packing.

I sighed in defeat. There was no point in convincing my mother to stop. I guess I just have to go with it. But there's this one thought that keeps me wondering. . .

Who did they invite?

________________________

Chen's POV

"Are you coming?" I heard Baekhyun ask me from behind.

The boys were already dressed in suits and ties while I was here sitting on the couch, wearing pajamas.

I shook my head, "No, go ahead. I don't think I'm invited anyway."

"What do you mean?" Suho's voice suddenly joined in, "Why wouldn't you be invited? Soo Kyung made nine invitations."

I hugged my pillow tighter. "She probably did that without her permission."

"Who, Nami?"

I nodded in reply.

Baekhyun laughed at me but Suho nudged him on the elbow, refraining him from laughing. "Come on Chen," he said, "she probably wants you there. It's her birthday for goodness' sake."

I jumped up from the couch, still hugging my pillow with my hair messed up from lying down. "Don't you remember what I told you? I said awful things to her, literally the day before her birthday. You think she'll want me to be there?"

"Oh stop making yourself guilty. It's not your fault you're not ready. You can take the time to think but this day won't ever come back." He lectured me like a mom. "So get dressed and celebrate her birthday with us. I'm sure she'll be devastated if she finds out you're not coming."

I scoffed at his words. "Is it really a good idea for your ex to go to your birthday party, uninvited?"

He walked up to me and kicked my knee.

I cried in pain. "Ow!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you're invited?" He started at me coldly. I swear, he looks so powerful and scary when he does that. I guess that's one of the reasons why he's our leader.

"Fine, I'll go. But only for the first thrifty minutes of it." I agreed as I rubbed my knee to relieve it.

"Make that two hours."