Chapter 37: Perfectly Complicated

Song: Ring My Bell by Suzy from Uncontrollably Fond

_________

Chen's POV

I've been anxiously waiting for Nami's call to know whether she got there safely with her friend for hours. We left the airport as soon as they entered the door. And as time passes by, I think I'll go crazy. 

We had a gig to do after I escorted Nami and her family to the airport. So I'm in the car, traveling with the members, still waiting for that important call.

"Hyung, stop shaking your leg. It's annoying."

My attention darted to Sehun and the others who were all looking at me. "Huh?"

"We know you're still waiting for her call but you know it's been only five hours and it takes about 14 hours to get to New York by plane. I asked Google."

They all nodded their heads at each other.

"Guys, I can't help it. I can't help but be worried about her. I miss her."

They all cooed. "Awwww, of course, you would be. You're her fiancé."

I rolled my eyes at them but internally, I was happy to hear them say it like that.

Xiumin patted my shoulder, "But seriously Chen, you don't have to worry so much. I mean it's normal too, but, she's in good hands."

"What, with her friend? Who still has a crush on her?" Baekhyun points out.

Kyungsoo slaps his arm while Baekhyun winced. "Hey, you're not helping."

I suddenly remember that she told me about her and her friend. She said that he liked her, but he never said he never liked her anymore ever since Nami and I got back together and got engaged. How can I trust him with her?

Kyungsoo must've seen my reaction so he quickly replied, "If that was true, I doubt he'll do anything. He seems like a gentleman. Plus if you don't trust him, you can trust Nami. She won't do that to you."

His words made me feel better. I guess I shouldn't be worried about that. I have my complete trust in her.

I leaned my head back on the headrest and close my eyes, "I feel relieved now."

"Good."

It was silent for a few seconds, with only the car making sounds as it was moving. They're all right. She's all right. I'm being too paranoid. I hope she's not freaking out as much as me though. I hope she's enjoying. But not enjoying with him, of course. Wait, but they're together. How can they not enjoy? What if he's making a move on her and she doesn't notice? What if she needs help? What if she's not enjoying at all?

 I start to tap my finger on the armrest and my leg starts to shake again. 

"OH MY GOODNESS CHEN! STOP WORRYING." I hear one of them yell, making me open my eyes.

I look at them, "But what if she needs help guys? She could be crying right now!"

Nami's POV

"AAAAHHHHHH!" I scream.

Everyone looks at me with a confused look on their faces.

Kangjoon rushes over as soon as he comes out of the bathroom to our seats by the window. "WHAT, WHAT IS IT?"

I wiggle in my seat and look at him, "I'm so excited!"

He let out a big breath and looked at me like I was crazy, which I am.