Chapter 36: Goodbye Road

Song: Goodbye Road by iKon

Nami's outfit is up there :)

Nami's POV

"For the millionth time mom, I didn't forget anything."

Mom was holding my hands while tears streamed down her face, repeating the same words over and over. 

"Can't at least just double check you bags?" she asked out of desperation. 

I roll my eyes but with a smile. "I've checked it once, twice, three, four, five times mom. I really have everything I need."

She wiped her tears away with the edge of her sleeves, finally accepting that I have to go. 

"I'll see you again, you know that right? It's only for a while, not even a year." I leaned closer to her ear and whispered, "By a year I'll probably be married."

She playfully slapped my arm as I winced in pain. "As much as I love you and your fiance together, I'm not ready for you to get married yet."

"I was only kidding. Partially."

She moved on to Kang Joon, who was also going on the same plane as me. The other interns probably went ahead or some are staying just a little longer.

"Kang Joon-ah, be good okay? For now, you're responsible for my daughter's safety. But you should watch yourself too, hmm?" She hugged him tightly.

They let go and Kang Joon bowed at my parents. "I promise to keep an eye on her for you. You can trust me."

Overhearing their conversation I stepped in just to tease him a little, "I should be the one watching him, he's never been to America before."

He glared at me but I just laughed it off.

After I said goodbye to all of my family and friends, I asked for some alone time with Chen. 

My dad nodded, "Of course, we'll stay just back here."

Me and Chen held each other's hands and suddenly felt all of the tears trying to pour out. 

"We shouldn't cry. We've been separated longer." he said. 

"I won't, but I'm pretty sure you're about to." I joked as I saw water forming in his eyes. 

He sniffed and immediately wiped them off. "No, I can't cry. Some of our fans probably know we're here."

I raised a brow, "Our?"

He smiled, "As much as unbelievable as it sounds, mostly everyone so far has been supportive for us." 

There was this urge of happiness, joy, and relief inside me that just wanted to burst. It hasn't even been that long since we've become public and the reactions are just unbelievable. 

"That's good then, now you don't have to wear a disguise when we're together."

"But we won't be together."

I whined like a child and started to feel like sobbing. Even though we were separated before, this is the first time we're going to be separated while officially official. The thought about it sucks.

"Let's not just think about it, okay? It's only for a couple of months and I'll be back in no time and hopefully with a full-time job. If I pass."

"You will, but don't worry about that now. Just focus on getting there safely and getting some rest." he assured me. "Also, the guys said they're sorry they couldn't make it here, but they'll definitely miss you."