♥ Chapter 39 ♥

We met on the next day after the final episode telecasted. He simply sat on the couch in my apartment and barely said something. "V", I called out and sat on my knees in front of him and he kept on staring at his hands. I couldn't see him like that. "Listen", I said and cupped his face making him look at me. "I know that it was important, but it's okay", I tried to console him. "Was winning the show that important? You won all the hearts, V, and that's more important than winning the show, isn't it? You became it's part to the world your talent, and you successfully did it, you sang your original song and everyone loved it. The judges too said that they'll give you chances to sing for them, they'll. Don't be sad, there are much bigger opportunities waiting for you", I said and his eyes moistened up. "It's not about winning the show, W. To be honest, it doesn't even matter", he softly said. "Then?", I asked. "I don't know", he said and shook his head and I patiently looked on waiting for him to let out everything which disturbed him. "I....I need a hug", he softly whispered and broke into a smile. I tightly hugged him and gently rubbed his back. "You're such a kid", I lightly said while he burried his face in my neck and sobbed, on I don't know what.
What do you think, that was the end of your story? No! A big turn was yet to come in our life. We were still left to give our biggest and toughest exam, not in the school classroom, but in the classroom of life. We didn't even know about it, it was a surprise test taken by God, and that too, not of any one subject, but all the subjects - Love, Trust and Loyalty - the three building blocks of a relationship.
He stayed in Mumbai even after the show was over as he had convinvced his dad that he'll make out something in the music industry before he returns back to Ahemdabad. After we met after the show ended, we barely actually talked or met. I would message him and he'd take forever to reply, he'd not answer phone calls and whenever he did, he sounded different. Sometimes on the phone calls it felt I like wasn't even talking to my V, he was someone else. I talked to Jyugal and Kritesh about it too, and they too felt his behavior weird. We wanted to talk about all this to him personally, but apparently, he didn't had time. Whenever we'd ask him to meet, he always declined saying that he has to meet music composers and all, but one day, he finally agreed to meet us when the three us literally pressurised and blackmailed him.