♥ Chapter 32 ♥

"Two cappuccinos please", Darshan placed the order. "Do you think mom likes you?", I asked out of blues. "Definitely not, why would she? I'm her daughter's age", he joked and laughed at his own joke. "Be serious, V", I said. "Okay, sorry. But why are you asking this?", he asked. "Because I think mom knows that we don't have to discuss any mathematics problems, she's definitely going to talk to me about all this, and I can't hide it from her anymore", I said. He sincerely nodded and bit his tongue. "V, what happened? What did you do?", I worriedly asked with widened eyes. "Once when I didn't had your number, I secretly took out your school diary from your bag and copied the number thinking it was yours, I wanted to prank you, so at 2a.m, I called up at that number and it turned out to be your mom's", he narrated and I banged my head against my head. "Who writes their own number their school diary?", I asked. "Everyone does that, but that day, I came to know that 'everyone' consists of students like me and not everyone, we write our numbers because if by chance we get caught up doing something, and teachers try to call our parents, no one will pick up", he explained and I let out a cry. "V, grow up please", I said. "That's not it", he added. "What the hell did you do now?", I asked. "That day, when I suddenly came to your house for the first time, to ask some 'mathematics problems', I think she recognized my voice and she now knows that it was me", he confessed. I didn't say a word and blankly stared at him. "Sorry", he mouthed and made a baby like face. "Don't use this baby face in front of me, melt my mom with it", I flatly said and he smiled. "Don't worry, moms love me. I am my mom's favorite, in fact I am my cousin's mom's favorite too. I'll make myself your mom's favorite too", Darshan boasted of himself and I dramatically nodded my head. "Your mom's hah, do you have any sibling?", I changed the topic. Although we knew eachother for a long time now, but we didn't exactly knew anything about eachother. We didn't talk about  us, eachtime we'd talk, we'd talk rubbish. "Umm, no", he softly said. "Then obviously you'll be your mom's favorite", I said and he remained silent. "What about you?", he asked. "No", I said. "Why engineering?", I asked and he palely smiled. "My dad wants me to do something in life", he said. "And you? You don't want to do anything?", I interrogated. "I want to music, which according to most Indian families is basically, doing nothing in life", he said. "Did you talk to your dad about this?", I asked. "I did, I told him that I want to go to Mumbai and try my hanf in music because that's what I want to do, but he said that it isn't possible. We don't know anyone in the industry, and it's  very difficult, you'll regret, and all. I tried very hard to convince him, I even got permission, but after my marriage", Darshan said and I gave him a confused look. "Ya, dad said that I can definitely go to Mumbai but, after my marriage because according to him, people get spoiled there, and he doesn't wants me to get spoiled", he said and I burst out into a laughter. "He should definitely come and see you in school one day", I said and he laughed too. "So, do you want to become a singer?", I asked once the waiter served us the coffee. "Ya, or if not a singer, then too something in this field only, something in the music industry. I'd write songs, I'd compose them, I'd sing them, but I want to be surrounded in music, I want to be successful in music, even if I fail, I want to fail in music", he said. His dedication and love towards music did something to my heart. "Music is what I am, whenever I'm sad, I try to write something and sing it myself, it makes me feel good", he said. "Why don't you try in the reality shows?", I asked. "There are two problems in that. Number one, dad will never agree, I don't know why he's against it; and number two, I hate reality shows", he said. "Why?", I furrowed my eyebrows. "All that is shit. Nothing's reality in a 'reality show', it's all fixed. They'll have a poor participant, they'll give a lot of sympathy to him everyday, will take him to the finals and make anyone else the winner", he said. "Oh okay", I said and giggled over his hatred towards reality shows. "You said you try write and sing. Sing something na, I want to hear you", I said. "Here? No, sometime later", he denied. "Please", I requested. "No, W, not in front of everyone. I'll definitely when we'll go back. I promise to entertain you the entire way", he said. "No, here only. Why are you hesitating to sing in front of everyone? You want to be a singer right, don't they sing in front of thousands of people in their concert? If you'll be a singer, won't you do concerts, or will you sing standing backstage? Come on, sing", I insisted. "You're such a kid", he said and shook his head. "Only for you", he said looking straight into my eyes and took a deep breath.
"Na re na nana na na nanana", he started and everyone turned around to look at us, or I'd say, look at him. He closed his eyes and completely lost himself in his music, making me fall in love with his voice, his music and whole of him, once again.
"Mera din bhi tu, meri shaam tu, mere raat ke sapno mai tu. Meri aahate tera naam le, yeah baat tu jaan le. Sau saal ka mera ek din ho jisme teri tasveere na ho. Berut si hai meri, yeah zindagi jisme, teri khushboo na ho..... Meri pehli mohabbat, pehli mohabbat, pehli mohabbat hai woh", he sang. As soon as he stopped and opened his eyes, everyone in the cafè gave him a loud applause. "Amazing", "Beautiful", "Very nice", he received different compliments from everyone. "Thank you, thank you so much", he said with a huge smile. Once everyone shifted their attention from him, he turned back to me and raised his eyebrow. "Amazing. You are superb. That's so beautiful", I said with a huge smile. "You liked it?", he asked. "Of course, in fact, I love it. I love it even more than I love you", I said with a chuckle and he chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

(I LOVE IT 🤩💙 How was it? 😋)