♥ Chapter 15 ♥

"And that's because?", Darshan prompted. I quietly looked at him without uttering even a single word. He raised his brow and said, "I'm waiting". I don't know why but I didn't had the courage to tell him the truth. "I'm getting late. I should go. You should go too, your parents would be worried", I changed the topic and moved away, but I did it in front of the wrong person. He held my hand and stopped me. "Both of us will stay here untill and unless you tell me everything", he stated. I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes. "Okay, I'm no more mad at you. I promise I'll properly talk to you V", I said. "I. Want. To. Know. The. Reason", he said and his grip around my hand tightened. His voice was heavier than ever and eyes had anger. "V, please leave it. You won't understand", I softly said in an attempt to hold back my tears. Why did he care so much? Why did he want to know everything? "Then make me understand, damn it", he shouted all of a sudden and I jerked and I couldn't resist the tear drop from coming out anymore. As soon as it left my eye, I wiped it off so that he doesn't see it, but he had already did and the anger on his face faded away. "Shit, I'm so sorry", he said in panic and held my upper arms. "It isn't because of you", I said and shook my head. He looked confused and unconvinced. "Trust me, V. It's not you", I said assuring him. "W please tell me what happened? What's so big deal in that prank, that because of it, you started ignoring me like hell and what's troubling you so much?", he asked. His voice, his expressions, his eyes, the whole him reflected genuine care. I looked into his eyes for a brief moment of time and his deep ones expectantly looked into mine. "A day before all that happened, Kartik came to me and..", I started telling him everything but my voice trailed off. He patiently kept looking into my eyes. His eyes assured me care, love and security. I was sure that my secrets will be sucured with him so will I be. I took a deep breath and continued. "He came to me and said that he wants to talk. At first, we had some light talks and then suddenly, he said that he loves me", I managed to say and Darshan's eyes almost popped out. "And what did you say?", he asked. "I said whatever I feel for him", I casually said. "What do you feel by the way?", he interrogated. "After he told me that he loves me, first I froze for a moment, I was shocked, but then I told him that I don't love and maybe I can't ever because we are so different", I said. "Different?", Darshan asked. "Umm ya. I mean look he had the courage to mess up with you guys on the very day, while I looked myself up in the washroom and cried hard", I said and both of chuckled. "Okay, jokes apart. Although I told him that it can't happen, yet he continuously insisted and tried to fore me to give it a try. He kepy on saying that even if I would properly spend a day with him, I'll myself will propose him the next day. He kept on saying things like that and I just simply left from there. After that, we didn't talk, and the situation was bit awkward and then you pushed me towards him and...", I narrated but stopped at the end. I regretted for saying 'and', at the end of the sentence because Darshan would at any cost know what I wanted to say, but I didn't had what it takes to tell that to him. "And?", he asked. "W, it's no worth hiding it now, you know that some or the other way, I'll find out everything. So it's better just say what you were saying", he said. "But first promise me that won't do anything", I said and he silently kept looking at me. "V, promise me", I demanded. "Promise", he said. "Now say", he ordered. "After you pushed me towards him, I lost my balance, but he held me and stopped me from falling", I said. "Yes, I know that. Everyone saw it", he said and I nodded. "You are right. Everyone saw it, but no one except me knows what kind of touch it was. Only I know how I felt at that time", I said and tears rolled down my cheeks. Darshan's eyes widened and the colour of his face completely vanished. "D...did he..", he tried to ask and I simply looked at him with tears filled eyes. "I'm sorry", he said and cupped my face. "It's okay. Forget it now. I have now clearly told Kartik to not talk to me and stay away from me", I said. "I'm sorry", he repeated. "V, it's okay. It's not your fault. It was his bad intention", I said. "But I shouldn't have pushed you", he said. "Stop it now. Let's not talk about it. Please", I said. He palely smiled and wipped off my tears.

(Nabihadz romantic scene nahi hai, but ya, enjoy 😂)