♥ Chapter 20 ♥

"Why?", I surprisingly asked. "I don't know. It just didn't feel right to tell the truth", he said and then we existed in silence for sometime. "You didn't tell the truth so what did you say?", I asked. "I said that I did it because he was the one who informed the Vice Principal that I pranked you by giving you a handkerchief covered with chalk", he said. "Seriously, V? That happened on the first day, and now it has been a month since that happened. How did they even believe that?", I  questioned. "At first they didn't. They said that it can't take a whole month for me to find out who it was, but then I continuously said that it was the only reason and Kartik agreed too that we didn't have any other reason to fight, so they agreed, after all, they were getting a reason to suspend their favorite student, how can they miss that?", he sarcastically replied. "But V, you should have told the truth instead of lying. Kartik would have got the punishment instead of you. You don't deserve this", I said. "Told the truth and then? What about you?", he asked in anger. "What do you mean?", I asked back. "W, if I would have told the truth, no doubt Kartik would have got the punishment, but I know the students of our school. The next day, all of them would have started gossiping about you because the reason behind Kartik's suspension would be you. He tried to touch you in a wrong way. Everyone would just ignore what he did, all they would have focused on would be to whom he did that, and trust me, you would have been a bad victim. Our school is full of gossip champions Divya, not only in the school, but this would have been spread all over. You wouldn't have been able to handle it all, and I wouldn't have been able to see you like that. Trust me, I'hv done everything for your good, everything will be fine. I know that not complaining about what happened with you was wrong, one shouldn't stay silent against such things in the fear of being insulted, and still, what he did, he got his punishment for doing it", he concluded his long speech. "So, do you think that two days' suspension is all what he deserves?", I asked? "Obviously not", he replied and I gave him a confused look. He was such a puzzle. Moments ago, he himself stated two contradictory statements. He didn't tell anyone about what Kartik did because he didn't want me to get insulted in front of everyone, and at the same time, he said that we shouldn't stay silent too. He said that Kartik got his punishment, while he doesn't thinks that suspension is his actual punishment. Everything was complicated, he was complicated, but to be honest, deep inside, I was greatly moved for what he did, the way he protected me. The waiter finally arrived with our cappuccinos. "Thank you", I softly said with a decent smile on my face as he placed my cappuccino in front of me and walked away. "I thought my W was back", he changed the topic. "She is", I said. "No", he stated and sipped his coffee. "Why?", I asked in disappointment. "Because my W wouldn't have slapped Kartik that bad", he said with a giggle and I chuckled too. "Feeling jealous?", I teased. "To be honest, yeah", I said. "Believe me, she's back, because first of all, she's very sensitive when it comes to her friends. She can't tolerate anyone insulting her friends and at time, her V was getting insulted so how would have been she controlled, and that too whem the person in front was Kartik; and secondly..", I paused and bit my lower lip. "Secondly?", he prompted. "She was late in reaching the cafè as she was busy crying because her V got suspended because of her", I awkwardly said. Both of us seriously looked eachother for sometime and then both of us burst out into a laughter and he shook his head negatively. "Cheers! My W is back", he announced and raised his cup in air, so did I. We talked about some random shit and enjoyed our time when the kid arrived. "Hey, Darshu", Bhakti almost sang. I wonder if she always talks like this. "Hey", Darshan mimicked her, I seriously felt like stabbing him with a knife for doing that. He stood up from the chair he sat on, went to another table, pulled a chair and gestured Bhakti to sit. What the fuck? Did he just ignore me in front of that kid? Didn't he even bother to bid me a goodbye before starting his date? Once he was done with settling his 'kidfriend', he came back, trust me, he saved his life, else I would have killed him for behaving like that, and before me, Kritesh and Jyugal would have killed him for becoming a pet of his girlfriend. He came and stood in front of me and I gave him a disgusted look. "What? I told you, I was here to meet her and I'm not letting you ruin my date", he said. "So why are you here now? Go enjoy", I flatly said. "Ya going, but remember, although I didn't tell anyone about what Kartik did and that stupid suspension isn't his punishment, yet, he has got the actual punishment he deserves. So, don't worry about that", he said with a smile and left. What exactly was he?

(Long one as y'all know that when it comes to W and V's chats, I can't control myself 😂)