♥ Chapter 18 ♥

Darshan stood between the crowd with his hands tightly clinched around Kartik's collars. He said something in anger, which I couldn't understand as his voice was low. "What problem do you have?", Kartik shouted and the very next moment, Darshan slapped him. "You better low down your voice", Darshan said pointing his finger towards Kartik. "And someone has to teach you a lesson", he added. Kartik removed Darshan's hands from his collar and pushed him. This worked as oil in fire, Darshan was on the verge of bursting and punched Kartik in face. By now, Kartik was also filled with anger and he too punched Darshan and the crowd struggled to separate the two of them. Darshan and Kartik had no intentions to stop but thanks to Kritesh and Jyugal, they somehow stopped them. Darshan had beaten Kartik so badly that blood flowed down from the corner of his lips and nose; and Darshan's lips bleeded too. After the fight was over, Kartik saw me and came and stood in front of me. "I was expecting this", he said. "I knew that there's something between the two of you and I knew that you would tell him everything but you are late huh, but anyways, you rejected me because of this playboy. You don't know him Divya, go and ask him about Bhakti, he's double dating you. You won't find a bastured like him....", he said and I cut him off. "Shut up!", I shouted. "You don't have any rights to say something about him", I said. I had thought that no matter what, I'll not respond to whatever he says and will ignore him, but he insulted Darshan, he insulted my V, and I couldn't stand that. "Aww, hurt? Trust me, he'll hurt you more", Kartik said and came closer to me. "First of all, you are in complete misunderstanding, there's nothing between us, we are friends and you dare say a single word about him, I swear I'll beat you even bad", I don't know how I got the courage to say it all, or even think of it, but I blurted it in front of him and his blood boiled. "Darshan is a dog. He is a playboy. He is a ***********", Kartik said and I suddenly slapped him hard on his face. "Divya", I heard Sneha's voice full of disbelief and shock. To be honest, I myself didn't know how I did it, but when he insulted Darshan, he got to my nerves and I couldn't stop myself. The anger I was filled with at that time and the unknown courage that built up inside me was special. I don't know if anyone would insult Sneha or anyone else close to me, I would be able to do that or not. Was it my strength or my weakness? Was it because of the 'friendship that we shared, or was it because of my 'love' for Darshan because I never felt that strong ever. Kartik saw me with his anger filled eyes and his hand suddenly raised up in the air, forcing me to tightly close my eyes. A few seconds later I slowly opened my eyes. Darshan stood besides me, tightly holding Kartik's hand in air. His eyes and face were red with anger. His other hand went up to Kartik's neck and made a grip around it. "Don't you ever think of it. Even in your wildest dreams", Darshan said in anger and slowly his grip around Kartik's neck tightened and Kartik tried to remove his hand in an attempt to breath. "V please leave him", I begged and held his hand trying to remove it. "Stay out it", Darshan calmly said. "But V..." he cut me off. "Just stay out", he ordered looking towards me. "Okay, but at least leave his neck, please", I pleaded. Darshan shifted his gaze back to Kartik and his hand moved from his neck to his collar. Kartik tried to say something but before he could say anything, the teachers arrived and separated them; and dragged them to the principal office.

(Nabihadz don't even think it's for you, it's for Darshan! 😏)