♥ Chapter 19 ♥

The next day, Darshan didn't come to school, neither did Kartik. I asked Jyugal about Darshan, he told me that he got suspended. The teachers always looked for reasons for suspended and punishing him, and what he did yesterday, was probably the best reason. After the school, when I reached back home, I called him up. "By what name did you save Sneha's number in your phone? ", his energetic voice came from the other side. "What?", I asked in complete confusion. "Ya, because as far as I know, Sneha starts with S and not with D. So whom were you trying to call when you ended up calling me?", he asked. What a joker man! "First of all, you are not Darshan, you are V, and secondly, can't you ever talk properly?", I said in annoyance. "I can, but, Miss Divya Rawal called me. W, you won't understand what kind of feeling it is when you get a phone call from such a big celebrity", he dramatically said. "V!", I snapped in annoyance. "Oops! Sorry", he said with a chuckle. "Were you sitting on your phone?", I asked and changed the topic as he picked up as soon as the rings started going. "Ya, I was expecting someone's call", he said. "Oh", I said. "So, why did you call?", he asked. "Actually, I wanted to talk", I thoughtfully said. "Go for it", he said. "Not like this, can we meet?", I asked. "Of course. I'm meeting Bhakti at the cafè near my house. You can come there", he offered. "No thanks. I don't want to ruin your date", I said. "Thanks, but I won't even let you to. She'll come after an hour, you can come now", he sarcastically added. "Okay, be there in 15 minutes and you dare to be late", I warned him. "Okay ma'am I'll be on time", he sincerely said.
"5 minutes late", Darshan said looking at his watch while I sat down on the chair opposite his'. "Sorry", I said and bit my tongue. "By the way, who ordered me to come on time?", Darshan thoughtfully said while looking to his sides. "Because it's near your house, and you being late doesn't make any sense", I said. "You being late don't make any sense", he dramatically mimicked me and I kicked his leg. "Ouch! That hurts", he complained. "Thank you", I said. "Shut up", he said back. A waiter arrived and asked for the order, and Darshan ordered two cappuccinos. "So, what did you want to talk about?", he asked. I looked at his lips, not exactly his lips, but the wounds beside them. Seeing them, my heart dropped and my vision became blurred as tears started settling on my waterline. "Oye", Darshan tapped on the table snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked my eyes fast to prevent the tears from coming out. "Where did you get lost?", he asked. "Does it hurt?", I asked pointing out his wound and he shook his head. I tried to stop myself but my hand went up to his face and cupped it; my finger slowly traced his wounds. "Ah!", he softly cried out. "Sorry", I said and removed my hand. "You said that it doesn't hurt", I said. "Ya, but when touched, it does", I causally said. "And I'm sure that you didn't call me here to see if it hurts it or not. So, whatever you want to say, say it out", I said. "I'm sorry", I said and lowered my head. "What? It means that you called me here to see if it hurts or not?", he exclaimed. "V", I scolded looking towards him. "I'm sorry because all this happened because of me. These wounds, your suspension, everything. Everything is because of me", I guiltily said. "That's not because of you, that's because of him, W. He did wrong, so he had to be punished", he said. "But you are punished too, V. You being punished more than him. He's suspended for only 2 days, and you, you are suspended for a week", I said. "That's because maybe my way of punishing him was wrong", he said. "V stop it. Don't act like a stupid. There are no chances that you should be punished more than him, so why did The Principal did that?", I pleadingly asked. "How do I know?", he said. "You are the only one who knows it. What happened in The Principal office? What did he say?", I demanded of him. He heavily breathed in and said, "I'll you but you won't overreact". I silently looked into his eyes for sometime and he looked on, and then, I slowly nodded. "Because I didn't tell the reason behind beating him", he said and my eyes almost popped out of the eye-sockets and jaw dropped.