♥ Chapter 4 ♥

"Sneha", someone called from behind and we turned around. It was Darshan. He sat on the same seat where Sneha wanted us to sit, thank god we weren't there, else he would have again kicked me out from 'his' seat. "Is it your's?", he asked shoving a pen in the air. "Oh yeah. Where did you find that?", Sneha asked. "It was lying here", he said. "Oh", Sneha said and stretched out her hand to take the pen but he being the kind of boy he was, didn't like behaving as a normal human being and he decided to throw the pen towards us. I want to believe that it was by mistake but something inside me continuously says that he intentionally threw it towards me and not Sneha. I tried to catch it but some stupid students jumped in between trying to catch it, they themselves failed, and because of them, I couldn't catch too and the pen hit my forehead, giving everyone a reason to laugh. "Head shot", Darshan immediately said with a dab as if everything was planned, something inside me badly broke. "Woho! Nice shot bro", Kritesh said with a chuckle and hi-fived with Darshan. I looked at Sneha who pressed her lips together trying not to smile. It broke my heart more than Darshan's actions did. "It's okay, you can laugh", I said with a fake smile. "You sure?", she asked and I nodded. The very next moment she brust out into a laughter, I couldn't believe she actually did. My eyes became watery and I felt an urge to cry but I somehow held my tears back because I didn't want to give everyone another reason to laugh. I know that whatever happened wasn't a big deal, maybe, just maybe, Darshan did do all this intentionally, maybe Sneha's laughing at me wasn't a big deal but I was always a overthinker and too sensitive when it comes to my friends. I always thought more than a 100 times before doing anything. When it comes to my friends, I can go out of my limits and do whatever I could for them and at the same time, their smallest actions against me can hurt me. I always existed at the extremes of everything. I shifted my focus to my books and tried to study when the students again started laughing at I don't know what. I tried to keep my focus fixed in the books but the laughs forced me to look up. Darshan, Kritesh and Jyugal were doing something on the blackboard. They stood in front so I couldn't properly make out what it was, but they had drawn something. Seconds later when they moved, I saw a horribly drawn face kind-of thing drawn on the blackboard and 'newbie' written in it's side. "Hey let's write the name to make it more clear", Jyugal suggested. "Ya, but what is it?", Kritesh asked looking at me. I remained silent, actually I wasn't in the condition of saying even a single word. Jyugal came towards me and picked up a book from the table and read my name a loud. "Divya Rawal", he almost shouted and Kritesh rubbed off the 'newbie' from besides the drawing and wrote 'Divya Raval'. "No man!", Darshan frowned. "Not Raval. I don't want to share my surname with a newbie", he continued. What did he mean by he didn't want to share his surname with a newbie? Aren't newbies humans? Aren't you like them? Are they alines or something? And for his kind information, we didn't share surnames, he is Raval with a 'v' and I am Rawal with a 'w'. There's difference. "No, chill. You don't have to share surname. She Rawal with a 'w' and you are Raval with a 'v'", Jyugal clarified. "Thank god", Darshan said with and sighed while Kritesh corrected the spelling on the blackboard.

(Ahaa! A long chapter 🤓)