Chapter 1: Error

•PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION•

Skidding across the the cracked white tile the black headed 17 year old groaned. Screams rang out of the thin air as a current of electricity surged through her. Prying at the thick metal collar around her neck her voice collapsed as it stopped. Gaining her breath back her eyes felt heavy, two men in white suits dragged her out of the room and down a hall. White was all around except for skin and her filthy clothing. Her eyes traced the dark red and black spots stained on her shirt and pants. Holes in the clothes revealed grimy bandages that hung loosely around her skin. Everything ached as she was dragged back to her cell. Pressurized door, no windows, no lights, nothing but herself and the occasional sounds. Everything in the facility was meant to be a fortress or rather a prison. No, it wasn't a government building but a private laboratory of sorts. It was designed to withstand her very own hurricane of destruction, her abilities, her knowledge, her determination, and her warpath. That's why she had a collar on, detection and control over her. Failure to produce results meant torture. Breaking bones, drowning, burning skin, smothering screams, and worst of all was forcing an NDE, a near death experience, all in a square room with blinding fluorescent lights.

An NDE episode for her is caused by going into the Astral Zone. Clinically dead while in there unless she goes back. Often, the only reason she comes back is because of those who she had seen die. Someone needed to expose Phantom and what happened here, unfortunately for her she was the last one to survive.

3 years ago a small patch of a school population received powers. However, there was only once class that survived due to an explosion that happened. About a year later, together, the survivors escaped this very lab and even did some hero work. It wasn't long till Phantom had their revenge. They slaughtered the weak and left her alive. Their motive was because of her gift, portals, meant that they could become even more powerful once harnessed. Transporting info, troops, and supplies would be at light speed compared to their enemy. So they would first shaped her into a warrior, then a soldier, then a servant, then, until finally a weapon.

Their mistake was underestimating her determination.

One guard raised her arms above her head as the other shoved her back into the white room. She gave a yelp of pain as her shorts horns hit the ground. They poked out of the short black hair on her head. The horns gave a slight curve before they ended. Lifting herself up she propped herself up against the wall. Her head pounded but her thoughts were foggy.

Suddenly, something rung in her, screaming horrors at her she gripped her head as she screamed back. The chill that she hand felt crept to one hand, black tar crept up her arm. The more she panicked the more it covered her, quickly one of her eyes turned solid black stopped around the area of her neck and the end of her ribs. Catching her breath the voices only whispered in her head. However, the arm she was surprised about what the substance was, why there was sudden spike her in voices. She felt nauseous and drained. Deciding that it would be best to sleep, she closed her eyes and stopped fighting her tired body.

Jolting awake she looked down at her hand to see that the black substance had retreated. The air was cooler than before. Some of the smaller scratches had already healed by now and the blood had dried. Getting up she retightened the bandages on herself. Her silver eyes slowly charged to a bright, glowing, blue. Leaning against the wall she tried to heal heal her wounds some more. Before she even started a strong, varying electrical current ran through her with the hint of her powers. She could smell her skin being burned as her screams echoed through the empty room. Collapsed on the floor she laid numb. Her mind was blank as empty tears stroked her face as hope was pushed further out of mind.

Taking in long gulps of air two different guards came in to walk her to the lab. Midway a blaring alarm, especially to her, sounded off along with flashing red lights. The guards hurried to shoved her back into her room. Leaving the girl cradled in the corner with hands over her ears and burn her lungs with screams of agony. This system was designed to stop her, causing a sensory overload especially if she channeled her power to her eyes. Picking up on the smallest of sounds and frequencies her ears were in terrible pain. Luckily she hadn't activated her powers and thus it wasn't at full strength, that didn't mean she could get up without crumbling back down to her knees. In vain she yelled for it all to stop, begging to be let go, and clawed at her head.

Suddenly it stopped, all of the lights went out, and there wasn't any tapping of boots or gunshots. Something was wrong, there wasn't anyone near her door either. Short ragged breaths helped in piecing how unusual all of this was. They took her here instead of the lab, a much stronger containment area. Her mind fogged up again, the more she concentrated the blurrier the lines became. All she could think about was how cold the scuffed up room had become, usually it was hot, a nice change that kept her alert. Touching the freshly burned skin she winced at its tenderness, a more drastic change than usually.

Loud thumps from the door snapped her attention as she scooted herself to a corner. If they were Phantom the'd have access to this room. It could be someone who wanted to use her the same way that Phantom would.

A loud crack came before the door fell in.