Chapter 30: Dutches to Droid

Jane flopped on the couch. "Everything hurts."

"Maybe you should have used your head " May gave a light punch on her shoulder.

Jane grabbed Mae's wrist. "If you had hung on we would have lost you. I cant, especially now, lose one of you." Her group loosened for Mae to pass by.

"Thanks." Mae saw she was already asleep and Moon acted like a dog waiting for his owner to come home by sitting in a chair across from the couch. "Get some rest." There was comfort in her words, she meant it towards Moon, he too looked exhausted as did all the others.

"I'd rather make sure Jane's good through this night." He sat patiently looking deeply at the sleeping Jane in her suit. "We rely on each other because of the strength in numbers. She holds my goal and I hold her's."

"What was that thing today?" Questioned Axel.

"Well they're classified as Droids. Things that have been deemed unsuccessful in the original experiment that get set do more, most likely today's was mind control, failed experiments are sent either as the last chance of success or on the front to get the heaviest attacks." He mumbles. "Originally that one was to copy the mark of the Mages."

"So why didn't it work?" Nate asked.

"Could be anything, hard to tell." Moon got up from the floor. "If you want to know anything more take it up with Jane. She's the one who knows when to release what."

"Why can't you tell us all to start with?" Mae shot a look at Moon.

"Anything else you want to ask goes through Jane." Moon's voice got stronger. "Right now she's the only one who has a shot of being this thing doe and our odds still aren't the best. So if there are any more questions you'll have to wait." He smiled.

"What happened if one day Jane takes it too far and something happens that requires immediate information. How do we know the signs if she won't tell us." Scott laughed with hysteria. "I mean she said it herself. This isn't something that has a specific time line that can't t be pre planned. Sure you can see the action of the other side once it starts but..." He hung the sentence as he got chocked up.

Axel picked it up. "However, we can't act if we don't know the symptoms."

"If I want to keep my contract then you'll have to wait until Jane wakes up. It's her call to make, not mine, my hands are tied until I am told otherwise." Moon sat back down.

"I'm calling it in." Mae rubbed her forehead.

"Shouldn't we talk about this? It could backfire." Nate warned.

Her head snapped at his direction. "Do you think having a mentally unstable person in the field is a good idea? Jane has clearly proved to have a worsen mental state and impaired judgement. I'm not clearing her for the field."

Moon glared at her.

"Nate's right, they've made it clear that we have to come to an agreement in order to get information." Scott places his hand on Mae's shoulder.

Mae flicked the hand off. "I could file them as collaborating with a terrorist group."

"Mae-" Axel began to say.

"They are unstable things that don't belong on this team!" She screamed as her hand shook and pointed at Moon who had the widest eyes in the room.