Chapter Fifty-Eight: Let's Go Save Central City

~~~Laura~~~

Oliver was attempting to train Barry with the bow, and I sat on the porch with Kara, Clark, and Lois.

"So wait, you've been keeping this from your husband, and pretty much everyone, for over a month?" Kara asked. I nodded. "Doesn't that get stressful?" 

"You have no idea."

"Well then...why didn't you just tell them?" I looked at her.

"You know...it sounds so simple when you put it that way." She laughed. "I um...I thought I was protecting them. I thought, if I could take away their inevitable sense of responsibility if I lose my memory, then I could save them the guilt that comes with not being able to stop whatever happens. My daughter, however, informed me that instead of guilt, that option results in anger which...has a tendency to be far more dangerous."

"Right...this is your daughter from the future?" I nodded.

"Yup."

"I thought my life was complicated." I chuckled.

"Hey, come on man. I mean, I've been shooting paint cans all afternoon."

"Unless-Unless a paint can rewrote reality and made us all swap lives-"

"I get it."

"Then you need actual combat training, Barry."

"Alright, fine. You know what? Why don't you go over there, run at me, and I'll try to hit you with an arrow." I recognized the mischief in his voice instantly, and suddenly thought back to the last time Oliver was training Barry in a field.

"Oh no." I said.

"What?"

"This is gonna be bad."

"Right, ok. Where did you bury the remote control bows?" Oliver asked.

"Dude. Come on, I'm not you."

"Yeah, well. Ok." Oliver ran over, standing far away and facing Barry. "Ready!" Barry put an arrow on the bow. He shot it and then in an instant, Oliver was standing in front of him, holding the arrow. "Nice try." And then two arrows shot Oliver in the back.

"There it is." I told the others as Barry laughed.

"Oh, I've been waiting four years for that, man. Oh, its priceless. Hold on. Need a photo." He took his phone out.

"What?!" Oliver asked.

"Boom. Ok, don't worry, I got it. Don't worry, hold on, one second." He jogged over, ripping both of the arrows out at the same time. That's great!"

"Do you think this is funny?" Oliver questioned. "Do you think my skills are-are a joke?"

"Come on, man. I was a much better sport when you shot me."

"That's not how I remember it!" I shouted. Barry turned, looking at me.

"I shot you to teach you how to case an environment. You shot me to get a laugh."

"Alright." Barry said.

"You know what? Fine, fine. Come at me. Try to get-try to get one hit in."

"Deck him, Barry!" Lois shouted. Kara, Clark, and I all looked at her. "What? He's a jerk."

"I'm not doing this. This isn't how I train."

"Oh you train. Really? I thought your powers just dropped out of the sky."

"If you're trying to get a rise out of me, its not going to work." Barry told him.

"Need a peanut gallery? Can you not do anything without your wife in your ear?"