Chapter Twenty-Five: Lists and Lessons

~~~Hannah~~~

"The Book of Ralph." Caitlin repeated. I sat on top of Dad's desk, while he sat behind it, and Caitlin and Cisco stood in front of it.

"Yup, and we're gonna start with a page of Ralph, because he's nowhere near ready for this whole book."

"I don't think anybody is ready for the whole book." I threw in. Dad pulled out a slip of paper, handing it to him.

"Ralph Dibny's Twenty-seven Steps to Getting Over the Love of Your Life." Cisco read allowed. "Are you kidding me with this?"

"We just wanna help you get past Gypsy, and if this has worked for Ralph-" Caitlin started.

"And Dibny Jr." I added, using my nickname in an attempt to cheer him up.

"Multiple times on both of our parts."

"Then I think it's worth trying. Come on, what's step one?"

"Shark cage diving."

"Ok, obviously we're skipping that one." I said, picking up the list. "Step two, affirmations."

"Oh, ok." I showed Cisco the list again, showing him Dad's examples.

"Ralphie is kind. Ralphie is great. Ralphie is a brilliant detective."

"Yeah, buddy, I mean, I know all that. But it works a lot better if you use your name instead."

"Yeah, like mine was Hannah is nice, Hannah is likable, Hannah is smart, that type of thing." I added.

"Cisco is creative, Cisco is good, Cisco is smarter than your average bear. That's Yogi's, you stole Yogi's affirmation!"

"Yeah, I did, 'cause it's a winner. You don't see him moping over any lady bears."

"Oh my gosh, you did not just say lady bears." I repeated.

"Ok, you know what, Caitlin? I changed my mind, alright? I don't care about the gypsy vibes, I'll just muscle through them, let's just help you with your thing and just get me the heck out of here, plesae."

"No, Cisco, after Ronnie and Jay you helped me get past it. Now it's my turn to help you. Ok, we don't have time to find ourselves in Thailand, and we're certainly not watching 'Beaches' while painting each other's toes."

"That's a really important one, though." Dad said. I shrugged, slightly nodding in agreement.

"But step twelve isn't so bad." She handed him the list.

"Holy Kaftka."

"Come on, Cisco, change is good."

"No, no, no, change is pain."

"It's not as painful as seeing you like this, buddy." Dad told him.

"He's got a point." I added.

"Fine. Whatever you say, Doc."

~~~Laura~~~

"Ugh, these old timey computers are even slower than the ones in storage at the Flash museum." Nora complained.

"You know, everyone thinks Millennials are so impatient...they have no idea what's coming." I told Barry. He chuckled.

"DNA analysis used to take a lot longer, even just ten years ago." Barry told her.

"So, Mom took the news about you being gone better than I thought she would."

"Yeah, well that's your mom for you. Toughest woman alive," I explained.