Prologue

To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that? Good.

My name is Laura Wilson and I am the world's only flying woman. My life was pretty normal before this point. I was smart, I was successful, and could do anything if I put my mind to it. 'Impossible' was not in my vocabulary. That is...until an accident turned me into the impossible.

To the outside world, I'm a forensic scientist along side my best friend Barry Allen, But secretly we use our powers of speed and flight to fight crime and find others like us.

I have faced my fair share of 'Impossible' things since then. For example, a speedster from the future, hijacking the corpse of an esteemed scientist in order to ensure that Barry and I get out powers, or conquering a speedster from another world posing as another Flash named Jay Garrick.

My most recent impossibility however...is that the love of my life is dead. I understand that with everything I have just told you, the death of my boyfriend is the farthest thing from impossible.

But it feels impossible. Impossible to recover from, impossible to understand...but now we have some other problems on our hands.