Chapter Thirty: I Love You, Laura Dibny

I applied dark red lipstick to my mouth with a shaking hand.

I'm getting married.

In just a couple of hours, I am going to be a married woman. Mrs. Laura Dibny.

Laura Sue Dibny.

Mrs. Dibny.

Me.

I tied my hair up into a high ponytail and tied a light blue ribbon into it. I was wearing a white dress that I'd had, probably since high-school, and on my wrist was a bracelet that Iris had loaned me to wear to her wedding that I had forgotten to return.

The whole something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue thing was kind of a wedding cliche, but it was something I had always found intriguing, so I was going to do it anyway. I bit my lip, pondering what my something new was going to be.

Suddenly, I felt fingers tuck something behind my ear. I looked up to see that Ralph had tucked a daisy into my hair.

"Something new." he said, meeting my eyes in the mirror's reflection.  I smiled.

"How'd you know I was doing that?" I asked.

"I'm a PI, Laura. Blue ribbon, Iris' bracelet, dress I've seen in your old yearbook photos...it wasn't a hard deduction. " I chuckled and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pressing my back gently against his chest and pressing his mouth to the side of my head. "We're getting married today."

"I know...are we stupid for doing this right now? With Thomas, and Hannah and Nora, and this Cicada guy, there are so many things happening-"

"Which is why we need to take advantage of this opportunity while we still have it." He said, his lips moving against my hair. I placed my hand over his on my stomach. 

"Are you nervous too?" I asked. 

"Terrified," He whispered, "But more than that...I'm holding onto the fact that there is no doubt in my mind that you are the only woman I ever want to say is my wife." I smiled, tears dotting in my eyes.

"Ok. Let's do this."

~~~

We put on our coats and slipped out, not bothering to make up an excuse to tell Hannah. I locked the door behind me, turning around, only to find Joe, Cecile, and Baby Jenna.

"Oh, hey guys!" I looked at Ralph, furrowing my eyebrows. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I invited them." Ralph said. "I figured Joe's pretty good at keeping secrets, and well...Cecile would have figured it out eventually anyway with the whole telepath thing, so I figured they could be our witnesses instead of some random strangers." I smiled, walking down the stairs.

"You guys are really doing this." Joe said, smiling. I nodded.

"We're really doing this." I answered, looking up at Ralph.

"Ok, then. Le's go." Ralph and I climbed into the back seat of the car and headed to the courthouse.

~~~

I climbed out of the car, smoothing out my dress and clutching the file that had all of our paperwork in it close to my chest. I looked up, preparing to walk into the building only to see five pairs of eyes staring at me.

"Um...Ralph?" I asked. He got out of the car, furrowing his eyebrows, as he saw Barry, Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, and Hannah all standing there waiting for us.

"What are you guys...doing here?" He asked.

"Dibny, if you really think we were gonna let you two get hitched without any of us being there to see it, you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were." Cisco said.