Chapter Twelve: Who Are You?

I walked into STAR Labs the next day to grab something before Joe and Cecile's party. We were also bidding Marlize goodbye.

"This will restore your friends' mind." She said, handing a device to Cisco.

"Thank you."

"I have a lot to make amends for." Caitlin and Cisco left the room and she turned to face Barry, Iris, and I.

"You know, Marlize, there are still a lot of Metas out there. I mean, we..."

"We could use your help." Barry told her.

"You have all the support you need," She answered, "There are those, however, that do need my help. Before I joined my late husband's crusade, I used technology to better the lives of those who had nothing. Back then my mechanical creations healed the world, not harmed it. I'll just pick up where I left off." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her neck and hugging her.

"You did good, Marlize." I pulled away.

"You are an incredible young woman." She told me. "Strong, independent, and one of the most kind and forgiving people I have ever met. Don't ever change."

"I don't plan on it. I'll look out for information on you. Take care of yourself." She nodded and I turned, leaving the Cortex as well.

~~~

"Hang on Harry, we'll almost there." Cisco told him. The the Thinking Cap lit ap and began shocking him. He screamed and Cisco ran over, takin git off of him.

"Hey, hey, hey!'

"Is he ok?" Iris asked.

"His vitals are stable."

"The program completed. It should have worked. Hey, Harry. Hey." Harry slowly took his hands off of his head, looking up at Cisco. "Harry..." Harry put his hand over Cisco's on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. You have been and always will be my friend." He said, standing up.

"Kahn." Harry winked at him and we all laughed. They both touched their fists to their foreheads.

"Kill him." They hugged each other, laughing all the while.

"Star Wars." Iris said. Barry and I looked at her, shaking our heads.

"I can't believe it." Cisco said.

"You did it."

"It's not every day you translate symbols into binary programming polynomials." Cisco added, pulling away.

"I don't know what that means." Cisco laughed.

"Yes you do."

"No, actually, I don't. I don't know what that means. I think some, some short circuit's been fried up here, but it's fine."

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean, I just don't understand the-the pol-the thing you said. It's ok though." Cisco started looking around. "What's the matter?"

"Marlize said this would work."

"It did work," I pointed out. "He's talking, he's himself again."

"Ramon, you did it. I'm back, I'm here. I mean, maybe I'm a little more average than I used to be up there, but I'm here."

"Harry, there's nothing average about you."

"You have seven PhD's."

"Well, not anymore."

"But isn't this an opportunity?" I asked, trying to be optimistic. "Harry, you can learn something new. choose a new field of study, do something else with your life. You get a fresh start, almost."