Chapter Ten: My Water Just Broke

Everyone's eyes went instantly to me, and I ran over to the computer, involuntarily grabbing Cisco's arm.

"Barry, did you just say Ralph?" Iris asked, glancing at me.

"Yes, guys. Yeah, it's Ralph. He's...he's alive." They all looked at me and my hand clapped over my mouth, tears welling in my eyes. Cisco turned to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. "Laura, you got anything you want to say?"

I pulled away from Cisco, going over to the Mic.

"Just tell him...tell him that I love him too." I said, smiling at Iris. I wiped a tear away from my eye.

"He said he knows." I laughed tearfully, backing away from the mic and wrapping my arms around myself. Ralph was alive. Wait a minute...Ralph was alive.

"Wait, Barry!" I grabbed the mic again. "You're not going to find the good DeVoe."

"What? What do you mean?" Marlize furrowed her eyebrows.

"The good DeVoe can't take over his mind, because it's not technically his mind! It's Ralph's, Ralph is the good that's in DeVoe, Ralph's the one you're looking for!" The connection cut out and Cecile woke up again.

"He's coming for us," She said, " I heard his thoughts. He's coming, he's coming here."

"We need to leave." Marlize said.

"And go where?" Joe questioned. Cisco breached into his lab and grabbed Harry, bringing him into the speed lab just as DeVoe appeared.

"Good.We are gathered here today to worship in song. I suggest 'Kumbaya'." He ran into the force field that was made by the chair. "Ah."

"A force field. Uh, force field sucker." Cisco said.

"I should never have let you build this chair without my oversight. It was my first miscalculation."

"You've made many miscalculations." I told him, glaring at him.

"Really? Have you ever pondered why I never pursued the Flash? Never needed his speed or his mind? Anyone? His connection to the Speed Force. Past, Present, Future, true knowledge. And now that you have placed him inside my mind...I'll have it all."

"You'll have to find us first." Marlize replied, pressing a button. All of a sudden we were in a creepy-looking, futuristic lab. DeVoe's lair, I take it.

"DeVoe's Lair? Are you crazy?!" Cisco asked.

"Can he find us in this pocket dimension?" 

"I've bought us some time." 

"Time...rhyme...fly...sigh."

"Cecile, we need you to try and link up with Barry again."

"I'll try." She answered.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked Cisco.

"He used the thinking cap again. He wanted to help." He answered. I turned to Harry with a sympathetic look and grabbed his hand. He didn't even look at me.

The Permeation grid was at 82% when the alarm went off.

"What was that?" Iris asked.

"My husband. He's getting close." She did something on her fancy futuristic computer and then we were transported again, although the room looked exactly the same.

"Please tell me someone else felt that." Cisco said.

"Apologies. I had to force an emergency shift to another pocket dimension. It can be unnerving."