I grin and rub my feet on the plush, light brown carpet and close my eyes, what? I love how carpets feel on bare feet!

Another loud BANG goes through the house, I jolt my eyes open and turn to my left, the kitchen. I begin walking towards it, my feet leave the carpet floor and greet a hard wood floor in it's place, the kitchen is average size, we have a small island with barstools on them, 3 to be precise, it's only me, mom, and Parker anyway. Behind the island is the fridge, sink, cabinets, oven, and dishwasher. The counter tops are full of boxes of the utensils for the kitchen.

I furrow my brows together, this is all of the house, where is that noise coming from? I take a whiff through my nose, I have a crazy good nose, like seriously, I can smell dinner from my room. It's weird though..

I smell my moms perfume in the backyard and go to the other side of the kitchen to the leads down another small hall where the guest bedroom is and another small bathroom. Only a queen sized bed in the guest room and nothing but towels and washcloths in the bathroom. I walk out the small hall and to the back door leading to the backyard, where the sound is coming from.

I open the door and step on the porch, looking around I see mom had Parker put water in the 14 foot long pool that only went 5" deep, I'm 5'9 so it's not that deep for me. I walk over to the in ground pool and look in it to see if it needs to be cleaned out, nope. I turn around quickly hearing the BANG again.

I quickly look around and see my mom on the other side of the porch in front of the grill slamming the lid open and then shut with black smoke coming out of it.

I run over to my mom, I got most of my looks from her and got my dads bad eye sight and height. She had dark hair like me in a bun, but had more gray patches, she was shorter than me by at least 7 inches and had a white dress on with a dark blue apron on. Her smal figure was frantically moving around to get the smoke away from her.

I lightly push my mom out of the way so she sees me.

"What are you doin you crazy woman?" I say laughing lightly at my mom flailing around still.

"I am making burgers as our first dinner sweetie, now be a good daughter I know you are occasionally and go grab some of the burgers in the freezer!" My mom exclaims opening the lid again now fanning the grill with the end of her white, well now black apron coughing in the process.

I roll my eyes laughing and jog into the kitchen and open the freezer. "Hmm" I say looking around for the burgers, "ahh!" I exclaim grabbing 5 burgers and rushing back to mom.

"Thanks sweetie, hey go grab Park and tell him he better get down here or I'll be up there with a sock full of garbage and hit him with it." She states seriously with a humor glint in her eyes as she grabs the food from my hands.

I stand straighter and salute her saying, "ma'am yes, sir!" We both giggle for a few seconds, but quickly sober up and I rush up to get Parker.

"Yo, yo, yo Parks!" I say jogging up the stairs, but trip and almost fall on my face, but my hands reach out and stop me before I slam my face into the last stair before going to the hallway.

"Woah MAMA!" I say loudly standing up walking to Parker's room, but stop mid step, "I just fell up the stairs, jeez." I say to myself in disbelief then start laughing. Clutching my stomach I knock on Parker's bedroom door. 

I hear a low muffled "what?" as the door swings open revealing my tired looking brother. He was shirtless showing his wee little six pack, and black sweat pants. His dark hair was all over the place with his dark eyes boringly looking at me.

"Dude mom said you better get downstairs she's starting dinner and she said if you're not down there soon she will beat you with a sock full of garbage?" I say pushing my large glasses up my nose pointing out my hip looking at him then into his room.

It looks like the bathroom does minus my stuff, crap everywhere! Clothes scattered all over his blue carpet and some Metallica and girls posing all over his wooden walls and a large queen sized bed in the corner with his desk next to it with his Toshiba laptop and his dresser with clothes poking out from the drawers.

"Kay, I'm comin' sis and mom really said that?" He says laughing lightly, I begin to laugh and nod turning away I head up to my room to change clothes because I'm all sweaty. I head to my dresser and pull out my light blue with black polka dot swimsuit and pull it on after stripping my dirty clothes off and tossing them in the hamper. I pull some of my brothers pure blue basketball shorts and grab a plain black crop top. I pull my hair in a loose ponytail, clean my glasses, and grab a towel along with my phone. 

I rush down the stairs and head into the back yard where Parker is now swimming and mom is cooking the burgers with buns, ketchup, mustard, and cheese with sweet tea in 3 glasses and paper plates.

I glance around thinking, perfect, a new start. But I lose the thought quickly when I remember dad.

I quickly remove the thought because I want tonight to be fun, I know mom needs it. I put my towel and phone down onto a chair by the pool and strip the basketball shorts and crop top off along with my glasses. I take small, slow steps towards the pool so that I won't fall in. Once I feel the edge of the pool I jump in.

Parker and I play Marko Polo for awhile until mom says foods ready. Once we got out it was getting pretter dark, we ate outside, laughed and talked. I put on the basketball shorts and crop top on with my hair in the towel. Mom decides she's ready to go in and unpack some more, a couple minutes later Parker decides to head in. 

I sit by the pool and look around at the stars and smile, but then my eyes felt a pull to look towards the forest only 15 yards away. Once I glance at the forest, my eyes look around a little bit more with nothing to see i turn to move away, but hear a rustling noise in the forest. 

I slowly turn expecting a bear but, no. 

Nothing. 

Zip.

I pull my Iphone 5c out and click the flashlight on to see if I can pin point where that came from. As I click to turn the flash on, I hear a low growl. I squeak and rush inside, my glasses almost falling off my face as I rush in. 

I don't notice my mom in the kitchen putting stuff away as I run up the stairs and into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and hair and run to my room, throwing on a large old t-shirt that says "Coca Cola" in large letters, I pull my hair into a messy bun and clean my glasses. 

I walk over to the glass door and open up to see the forest in it's mysterious wonders in the dark, rustling in the wind. I look around the moon lit field along the tree line, hoping to see what made that noise. 

Nothing.

I smie at my next thought and say out loud, "this calls for exploring tomorrow!" I turn away and jump into bed happy about the exploring and that I have no school the rest of the week since we are unpacking.

I keep pondering over the loud rustle and low growl, then slowly, darkness consumes me and lulls me into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?

Do ya like it?

Please comment and vote!!

~MJ~