36. Eternal Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Who's that?" We all look at Christian to see him pointing in the direction of the entrance. We turn to see Charles and the one and only Mr. Lox enter the room. Behind them follows Mason and Andrew. Just the sight of him has me catching my breath, and feeling so damn giddy.

I guess Issac's description is on point. 

I catch another figure walking alongside Mason. My eyes travel to the woman whom I haven't seen before.

"How do you not know who Mr. Lox? He is here to congratulate the division, well to congratulate Mason."Ana answers.

"Who is that? She's hot." Issac compliments. I look at the woman standing a little too close to Mason. I would be lying if I said she isn't beautiful because she is. Her blond hair reaches just above her shoulders, and it compliments her face wonderfully. Highlighting her features. Sharp jaw line, plump lips, and high check bones gives her that classy beauty look. She was laughing at something Andrew or Mason had said. Even the way she laughed was beautiful. I look at Mason to see him staring at her, a smile on his face. My guts twists at the image. Butterflies form in the pit of stomach, but not the good ones. The ones you get that make you want to throw up. 

"And here is our division five army branch." Charles voice says loudly. Mason sharply turns his head and his eyes fall right on me. The smile that consumed his face now gone, and my stomach drops at the action. 

Stop exaggerating, so he smiled at someone other than me, it's not the end of the fuckin world.

"Mr. Lox" I remove my gaze from Mason and turn to Charles and Mr. Lox. I plaster on a smile as he stops before us.

"This is Scarlet, she is the leader of the branch." I nod my head, reaching out my hand to shake his. He grasps it in a tight hold. His chubby fingers almost engulfing my own. The smile I had on slips slightly, and I can feel my eye beginning to twitch at the expression on his face. He licks his lips, before opening his mouth to speak.

" Scarlett." My name rolls of his tongue in a way that makes me want to shudder in disgust." I have heard a lot about your talent. Pictures do not do you justice, you are gorgeous." I can hear a slight growl, and I know where it is coming from. I look at Mason, but he doesn't move an inch from his spot near the woman. Another action that is out of the ordinary when it comes to him. 

What is he supposed to do? Confront an executive of the division empire?......Be reasonable Scarlett.....

"Thank you sir." I nod my head, before attempting to pull my hand out. He holds it for a couple of seconds before his fingers loosen their hold. Once I get my hand back, I move it behind my back wiping it on the back of my yoga pants.

" This is Vin, he is the co- leader of the branch." Vin grunts in acknowledgment, but doesn't extend his hand in greeting. 

"Ahhhhhhhh the muscle of the group." Mr. Lox chuckles obnoxiously.

"This is Valery and Issac. They are highly skilled in all areas of weaponry."

"It is an honor to meet you Mr. Lox." Valery smiles widely, extending her hand.

"I must say Charles, the women here are astonishing." He looks at Charles who only thins his lips in irritation.

"It is a huge pleasure to have you here." It's as if Valery is meeting a damn celebrity. She pulls back, practically bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Get a room." Issac mutters lowly for only us to hear. Valery doesn't pay him any mind, and continues to admire Mr. Lox. 

"Christian is skilled in all arts of combat"

"More muscle I see."

"Pleasure sir." Christian gives the man a strong hand shake.