Damien: Muse

"So girls, what did you have to cross the pool to gossip about?" I walk up to Cassie and Jessica as they float side by side with their elbows on the edge on the pool. I sit beside Cassie with my legs in the water, handing her the spliff John sent me with.

"Sweet of you to bring it over." Jessica smirks  to Cassie. "You taught him well."

"We're all about manners in this family." Cassie puffs, and passes to Jessica.

"You pass the spliffs, you pass the girls. All the manners that matter." Jessica says, and she and Cassie laugh.

"You're still hoping to get passed, aren't you Jessica?" Cassie's green eyes catch the sun in their devil gleam.

"Oh, I can't wait. Wonder who of you would be so lucky?" Jessica meets Cassie's eyes with a sly little smile.

"How about we get to recording?" I try to cut this connection between them before it ruins us all.

"No way, the party's just starting." Cassie says, putting her arm around Jessica.

"I told you Damien. No music without muse."

"Right, right... And what is muse for you, exactly?"

"Well. If you want to help..." Jessica glances over her shoulder. "You can get John in the water."

"You two are trying to make me into a message boy..." I frown.

"You are a producer, aren't you? Roger said you know your shit."

I sigh as I push myself up to my feet, and start walking back to the sunbeds. I'm starting to see why John is having trouble with this one...

John's lying back in the sun, his eyes never really leaving Jessica and Cassie.

"Come in the pool, your brain is fried enough as it is." I tell him.

"When you're right, you're right brother." John swings himself up to his feet, and jumps headfirst in the pool. I jump in after him.

The water blasts me with coolness, and I raise my head out to breath. I look around for John, and don't see him.

Then he raises out of the water by Cassie and Jessica. Cassie splashes some water in his face, and raises the spliff in defense as he comes to splash back. He stops his arm's motion, and leans in on the ledge beside Jessica instead.

"God, it's hard seeing you shirtless again." Jessica says, her eyes wandering up his body until they meet his.

"You're not making it easy either." He answers.

Maybe this was a bad idea...