Lora: Late Night Visit

After the steaks, Damien, Cassie and I go upstairs, and split to the opposite sides of the hallway.

"Night sweethearts." She blows us a kiss.

"Night Cassie." Damien and I reply.

"First time I see Cassie in such a good mood." I tell him quietly after Cassie's door closes behind us.

"Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Maybe she ate a baby or something."

"Don't be mean, I really think she helped break the tension between Stephanie and John." I say. Then I hear some creaking and thudding through one of the doors. I grab Damien's shoulder to stop him.

"What is that?" Just as I ask, Stephanie answers with a high-pitched moan.

"Oh..." I mumble as Damien drags me away, shaking his head. He opens the last door in the hallway, and we go into our room for the weekend.

There's a large window with view to the lake, with a little coffee table and sofa beside it. On the other side of the room, there's a queen-sized bed with white satin sheets.

I go to check out the view, looking at the stars mapping the clear skies over the lake and the mountains.

"Wine?" Damien asks me.

"Sure." I smile at him. "But I'm still a little tipsy from the vodka."

"Don't worry love," He gives me a quick kiss on the lips, and kneels to get the bottle out of his black, half-sized suitcase. "I'll drink most of it."

"How charming." I snicker at him as I sit down on the couch. I hear the pop of the crock coming out, and Damien comes over with two crystals filled with red. I look in his blue eyes as our glasses clink.

"Cheers love." He smiles at me.

"Don't worry, I won't drop it this time." I say, and he laughs, leaning closer.

"I'm not gonna make it easy." His lips whisper against the lobe of my ear, sending a chill that raises the hairs on my nape.

"It's alright, we've been practicing." I reply smirking, then gasping as his hot breath and wet lips trail down my neck.

We put our wines aside, and go on tasting each other. The slow burn I tried to keep under control rises up inside me. And it gets too hot to handle.

I manage to take my hands off Damien's body for long enough to pull off his shirt. Then they're on him like a magnet again, feeling out the muscles and pulling him close.

He kisses me, and strokes the noodle of the dress off my shoulder. I think I hear the front door opening downstairs. It's just my stupid fears...

Damien straightens up a little, cocking his head. "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah.. I think I did."

"Sounded like the front door... But everyone's inside their rooms."

"Maybe they went out for a smoke?" I talk with my voice hushed now.

"Unlikely that they would bother." He gets up towards the door, and we listen. The wooden stairs creak, followed by footsteps on the hall.

"Okay, you stay here." Damien says, and grabs the doorknob.

"Wait, wait, wait, what are you going to do?!" My voice pitching with panic.

"Relax. I'll handle it." He opens the door, and charges outside. I see a tall, big shouldered figure in the dark, about to enter Cassie's room.

I scream, and Damien dashes across the hallway, leaping on the intruder.