John: Haze

I sink into the plush grass, my body feeling heavy and disconnected from reality. Colors blend together in a kaleidoscope of vibrant hues, and sounds echo in my ears as if distorted by a faulty speaker. I'm lost in a swirling fog of disorientation, unaware of how I ended up in this state.

Amidst the haze, fragmented memories with Cassie flash through my mind. Laughter and tears intermingle, mingling with the warmth of shared moments and the sting of past hurts. It's a chaotic slideshow of emotions, a first-row-seat to the shitshow the two of us knew as growing up.

In the midst of this swirling mental chaos, a distant voice breaks through the fog. Jessica's voice. She's calling out to me, her words reaching me like distant echoes. I struggle to gather my scattered thoughts and respond, but the energy required to succeed this endeavor eludes me.

"What the hell are you doing, John?" Jessica's voice suddenly booms from above. I shift my gaze towards her, my eyes struggling to focus on her face.

As her words reach me, a realization dawns upon me. The disorienting effects, the surreal detachment—it all clicks into place. Someone slipped me Ketamine.

"It feels like someone slipped me Ketamine," I manage to mumble, my words slurred and slow.

"What's going on between you and Lucy?" she asks, her voice tinged with curiosity and concern. Her question cuts through the fog, bringing the focus back to the tangled web of relationships and emotions. A surge of anger bubbles within me.

"Not you too," I groan in frustration. I'm so fucking high I can't even recall any interactions with Lucy. "Would you leave me the fuck alone?"

Jessica's expression shifts, hurt mingling with her concern. "I ditched a show with thirty thousand fans to be with you, and this is how you treat me?" Her words pierce through the haze, stirring a deep sense of remorse within me. The drug-induced fog clears just enough for me to grasp the weight of her sacrifices.

"I never asked you to do that," I retort sharply, my voice laced with bitterness.

Her eyes narrow, a mixture of anger and hurt flickering in their depths.

"You are a fucking asshole John, do you know that?"

The words hang heavy in the air as she storms off into the night, leaving me lying alone on the grass, lost in a haze of disorientation and conflicting emotions.

Yeah, Cassie always says so.

As I gaze up at the starlit sky, the effects of the Ketamine continue to warp my perception, amplifying my sense of detachment. I can't help but wonder if this night could possibly get any worse. But in the distance, the voices of Stephanie and Lucy grow louder, drawing closer. And in that moment, a sinking feeling settles in my gut, whispering that indeed, it can get worse.