Damien: Dorm Party

I light up a cigarette as I hop into my car. The engine purrs to life as I turn the key, and when I press down the gas pedal, it roars to life. The music blares, filling the air with rock vibes, and the wind tousles my hair. It's just a five-minute drive back to the dorms, but somehow I manage to do it in two.

I park and practically sprint up to my room. Joey jumps up from his computer as I burst in.

"Hey, what's up?" He mutters, startled by my sudden entrance.

"Put on a shirt. We're about to hit a party."

"What? Where's the party?"

"Does it even matter? Just put on a shirt already."

Joey grumbles and heads to his closet to find a shirt.

"Here. Now spill the details. What's going on?"

"No time for that. Who's gonna take you seriously with Superman plastered on your shirt?" I turn to my own closet, randomly grab a buttoned shirt, and toss it at him.

"I prefer my clothes, man."

"Yeah, but girls prefer mine. So put it on."

"Can't argue with that..." Joey changes his shirt while I crouch down to grab the bottle of whiskey I've stashed under the bed. I pop it open and take a few swigs. The burning sensation smoothly travels down my chest.

"Ready to roll." I pat his chest and hand him the bottle before heading out.

"Where are we headed?" He closes the door behind us and catches up beside me.

"You'll see. Start sipping." I say, noticing Joey's face wincing at the whiskey.

"Good stuff, huh?" I take the bottle from him and take a few more gulps.

"Damien, this is the girls' dorm. We can't just barge in."

"We can't, and yet here we are. Isn't it thrilling?"

"I mean, it's against the campus rule book."

"Oh my god, did you actually read that thing?"

"No... Well, yes, but they warned us during the student gathering on Monday."

"Rules are meant to be individualized."

"Not really. There are always consequences." Joey replies in a low tone.

"Consequences?" I hand him the bottle. "Stop talking and start drinking, you twat."

Joey coughs a little after sipping the scotch. "What's the point of sneaking around here anyway?"

"It's the first Sunday night of college."

"Doesn't that mean everyone's probably asleep?"

"The boring ones are. The cool girls are throwing a party."

"How do you know-"

I raise my hand to silence him. "Listen."

Echoing down the hall, I hear the catchy beats of some trendy pop song. I follow the sound until we reach a closed door, where the sound of girly laughter fills the air.

"Still doubting me?" I grin at Joey.

"Well, alright, you found a gathering. What now?" Joey replies. I let out a sigh, then give the door a couple of solid knocks.

"Are you insane?" He starts to protest, but hushes as the door swings open. Three girls in revealing nightwear stand before us, and I know I've struck gold. It's a slumber party.

"Hey, Zoey." I greet the head cheerleader, who naturally stands in the center. She sports pink shorts that tease her perfectly sculpted ass and a white top that flaunts her toned stomach.

"Hey, Damien. Nice of you to drop by, but this is a girls-only event." Zoey raises her eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, and if any guys were to join, they'd be our boyfriends," one of her friends chimes in.

"Sorry, but I insist. It's my duty as the team quarterback to get to know my cheerleaders."

"Being a freshman quarterback is impressive, but you still have something that keeps you out.." Zoey clicks her tongue and glances down between my legs.

"Are you really sure about that?" I light up two joints and hold one out to her. Without hesitation, she takes it between her lips.

"I don't know, Damien. Our boyfriends might show up soon." Zoey purses her lips.

"I'm pretty certain your boyfriends won't mind my charming face. They mostly saw my back during the team trials." I flash a smile, and she nods to her friends, signaling them to make way. Two more girls are inside, sitting closely together on the bed, sipping pink and bubbly drinks from plastic cups.

I smirk at them and take a seat on the opposite bed. Zoey joins me.

"Wow, Zoey, quite the party." I tease, and she playfully smacks my shoulder.

"Not quite up to your wild standards."

"You don't know my standards," I reply, giving her a thorough once-over.

"Heard your last girlfriend turned gay." She says, flashing a smile like the mischievous girl she is. I motion for Joey to join us and snatch the whiskey bottle.

"After being with me, any other guy is a letdown. Desperation can do that to you."

"Oh, I'm sure." She snickers.

"Don't laugh. It might happen to you too."

"You're like a contagious virus, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to infect you. You've got a bright future ahead." I let my sarcasm roll off my tongue.

"Would you spare me, Damien?" She leans closer, batting her eyelashes.

"If you keep getting closer, it might be too late." I meet her gaze as she moves in, but instead of seeing Zoey in her dorm, I see Lora illuminated by moonlight.

I quickly shift backward and push Zoey away.