Stephanie: Cocaine

"Well, fellows," Damien gets up from the couch with obvious effort, then gives Lora a hand. "We're gonna call it a night."

"Nice meeting you.' Lora smiles in everyone's general direction, giving me one last look of sympathy before the two of them go upstairs.

"Have fun cuties." Jessica calls after them.

"Nice girl, where'd he meet her?" Roger asks.

"She's my best friend." I reply.

"You choose them well, don't you?" Roger smirks at me.

"Yes she does." Jessica says, leaning on John from the other side of the couch.

What am I gonna do? I think to myself as I'm hugged in one arm, and Jessica is clinging on the other.

"She used to choose even better." Cassie smirks at me.

"Yeah, I also prefer Damien." Roger agrees. John raises an eyebrow, but says nothing.

"I meant me." Cassie frowns.

"Oh, nice one! How'd you go from Stephanie to this guy?" Roger makes a vague gesture across Peter.

"The wonders of therapy." Peter smiles, and Cassie smacks his shoulder.

"All three of them? That must've been one hell of a ride.." Jessica teases, not without appreciation.

"You know I'm the original version, right?" Roger looks at me.

"I see you more as a malfunctioning prototype." John replies.

"Jessica, shed some light on the matter of my functioning please."

"Please don't." Cassie groans.

"You two were my most memorable, no doubt." Jessica answers the worst answer possible, her eyes shifting between Roger and John.

"Why don't you tell Stephanie here who's better?" Roger asks.

Oh please don't... I think to myself, and see John's eyes opening wide at his father.

"I'm not so sure you want to hear Roger." Jessica's lips spread in a sly smile, and John moves me against the handle of the couch as he shuffles away from her.

"You bet I do." Roger insists.

"Will you fucking stop, I'm going to vomit." Cassie covers her mouth, and Peter hands her the vodka.

"You know you did remind me of John in an odd way when we got together..." Jessica can't help herself.

"Oh god," Cassie almost gags on the vodka. Jessica laughs into her hands, and Roger shakes his head with a grin.

"Not a dull moment with you, dear."

"Oh? I'm just getting started." Jessica takes a small nylon bag out of her dress, where a bra should have been. Then she pours the powder on the glass table, and arranges it in six neat lines. It shines in the light like fresh snow.

"Now you're talking." Cassie smirks, rising towards the table.

"Enjoy." Jessica winks, and waits, giving Cassie the honor. Cassie leans in, closes a nostril, and sniffs a line in.

"Ahh..." She sighs in satisfaction, blinking upward.

"John, care to finally join this party?" Jessica asks him with a smirk.

Please don't..

John looks at me for a moment.

"No thanks, Jessica." He answers, and Cassie raises an eyebrow.

"It's rude to refuse cocaine John." Cassie says.

"Come on, it was sooo fun last time we had some." Jessica looks at John, softly sinking her teeth in her bottom lip.

"Jessi-" Before John can say her stupid name again, I get up, and snort a line.

It hits the center of my brain like lightning, jolting down my spine and zipping through my nerves to surface of my skin.

"Stop hitting on my boyfriend, Jessica." My voice echos loud and clear inside my head.

"Wow, someone woke up." Jessica pulls up her nose, then does a line too. "Morning news, I don't care."

"You're just humiliating yourself." I tell her, feeling my blood pumping.

"Humiliating myself, or humiliating you?" Jessica crosses her arms.

"Definitely yourself."

"If you're so confident he's your boyfriend, why get so mad at me?"

"Oh, it's on." Roger says rubbing his hands together.

"Jessica, stay in your own fucking business." John frowns.

"Little Steph here is the one who started barking up my business. Better watch out or get bit." Jessica narrows her eyes at me, and I just hear two words echoing over and over in her irritating, pitch perfect intonation.

Little Steph?

I slap the bitch. My hand lands across her face, and the smacking sound vacuums the air out of everyone present in gasps of shock.

Oh shit, what have I done?

"You're dead bitch!" Jessica shrieks, clawing for my hair.