3. Adyant's Life

Chapter 3

"Where do you think you are going, young man?"

Biting my lower lip, I turned to face my mother, her hip attached to the kitchen's door frame, her eyebrows raised in question.

I was caught.

"Work?"

"Without breakfast? Not a chance. Come." Before I could deny her, she moved to the dining room, forcing me to follow her. "Scowl and I will hit you."

"Yes, mamma." No matter how older I had become, no matter how I was leading the company now, my mother didn't care about anything except I was her son. "What's for breakfast which I could have gotten in the hotel."

"Well." She slid in her chair. "Your grandma hated when your grandfather and father took his breakfast in the hotel. Once I had asked her the reason, she had said you never know what you people eat there and for how long she can cook for him." She nodded at me to join next to her as she dropped food on my plate.

I wish I could say I was capable of doing it but she was here.

"Don't say that," I grumbled and tore the bite of the parantha. "You will make me fat."

"Don't be your father," She said it with a smile, her hair left open, her eyes spoke she had been awake for last one hour and when I nodded at her to take the breakfast, she refused. "I will take it with Kabir. He hates eating alone."

"Where is Kiara and Kiyan?"

"Well, you are the one who goes early to the office," She reminded. "Kiara is busy with her wedding." As the date was approaching, a grave hollow was being created in the pit of my stomach. She wouldn't be at home anymore. "Kiyan was reading last night, so I told him to go late."

"He told me nothing."

"Well," She grinned, her fingers drumming on the table. "Cut him slack. He is doing his post-graduation right now."

"He and Anya were the ones who asked to be included early." Just like I and Kiara had done. Like dad had done. Maybe it was in our blood to join the business as soon as possible. "So, when are you and dad leaving for Germany?"

"Tomorrow morning," She reminded, peeked at the food and after a minute, grabbed her plate and pour the paranthas. "I will eat with him again. He doesn't need to know."

Chuckling, I was about to take my phone out to check the messages and schedule of the day, but mom was with me. I couldn't do work with her. "You will stay with Yuvansh?"

"He forced and I get to see Anya." After the incident, Anya and mom got really close like none of us had expected. I was aware she felt bad for what happened to mom and I shouldn't have shouted at her like that in the middle of hospital. "So Kiyan told me about your secretary."

I knew it was coming.

I knew it was around the corner like always.

"Mamma, cut to the chase."

"Son like father," She grumbled. "What is going with you two? Don't give me the crap of casual. If it would have been casual, you wouldn't have invited to the wedding." My mouth was sealed shut. "I know your father thinks it is okay to not marry and I support him and your choices. Once my life had been made about marriage and it was a wreck. But I want you to know love." She looked at me with those tender eyes that melted my heart. "I want you to experience it."

"Even if it leaves me heartbroken?"

"Yeah, that's an experience too." What type of mother I had. Once when I had failed, I thought she would get angry at me, but instead, she had ruffled my hair, embraced me and said everything would be okay and that I was more than that. "I am happy in love."