2. A D Y A N T ' S L I F E

[ H I T A K S H I ' S P O V ]

I wish there was a bone in my body capable of hating my arrogant boss. I wish there was a part of me that didn't feel attracted to him, or his small smile when he talked with his family, or the dimple that struck his cheek. I wish I could find excuses to not see him or find him gorgeous and hot even if he was my boss.

Sighing on the tip of the pencil, I placed it on the file. The numbers didn't confuse me as much as that man did. After the first day, he had been on his best behaviour, never interested in small talks, throwing orders of work at me and put no initiative as elaborated by my colleagues.

He respected when I stepped back.

Never tried to cross my personal space.

Last week in a business tour, he made sure I had a different room, never entered my room even when he was aware I wouldn't deny him, and whenever important stuff we had to discuss he chose an open place as if aware I wouldn't be comfortable within the enclosed walls. I didn't think him to be a compassionate man, but day by day, my views were being changed.

Day by day, he proved me wrong.

"I don't have a dress," I blurted out, my fingers clutched the notepad in a tighter grip. As if offended at what I had said, he raised his eyes from his files, inclined his head to one direction. "I don't think I will suit in your party."

"You are my secretary," He repeated slowly as if I was absurd for making excuses. "I need someone to take notes."

"Take Kiara ma'am."

"She is going with her fiancé." His jaw tickled in annoyance. "She will be by his side. My sister is a CEO, not any secretary to take notes." With days, I had gathered his sister meant a lot, and in a way, I could have suggested Adyant could take the notes. "You will suit just fine."

"I don't have a dress." But as if he didn't hear, he went back to his file. This man kept on pushing my nerves at every corner. "I cannot come, sir. My husband will not allow me to stay out late."

He sighed in anger, flashed his annoyed eyes to my position. Before I could explain to him my position, he grabbed his phone from the table, typed through it and put the ringer on speaker.

"Hello." Coldness wrapped my feet at his voice.

"Hello, Nitin. I am Adyant Oberoi, your wife's boss." A shiver rocked at the bottom of my feet, a heaviness settled in my heart. With everything left, I tried to explain Adyant to put the phone down, to not create another trouble for me. "Would it be fine if I take my secretary, your wife, to a business part? It is important."

Nitin was silent. I didn't even dare to think what he had in his mind.

"By when will she be back?" His voice was on edge.

However, Adyant showed no sign of hostile at his voice, kept his gaze on my face and replied, "Before Midnight. I will drop her. She will be in safe hands." I had to keep this job. I had no other choice in my hands, and hopefully, Nitin would look it from that side rather than bombing me with the questions as soon as I come home.

"Thank you, Mr. Oberoi," Nitin replied and cut the call.

If Adyant was aware of his rudeness, he didn't comment on it and placed his phone back in its original position. Before I could remind him about the dress, he wrote something on the paper and slid it across the table. "That's my Aunt's boutique. She is a designer. You will get a dress from there and she will help you in getting ready." Quickly, I snatched the paper from the table and tried to control the gasp at the designer's name.