23. The One Where I Deserve His Love

[ K A B I R 'S P O V ]

"Kabir." Hearing her voice, I turned around in the middle of the hall and stared at the one person I had been waiting to talk since the moment Alina confessed to me. "What are you doing here?" She came forward with a smile. "Alina is not here."

"It doesn't matter. I wanted to talk to you."

"Me?" She nodded at the seats. "Sit."

Taking an armchair, I faced her Meena Auntie and wished from inside that my suspicions were wrong. Alina wouldn't be able to go through this hurt. It would shatter her into pieces, and those pieces I had no idea how would I help to pick it up. She loved her Meena Auntie too much.

"I wanted to talk about Alina," My voice shook a bit but took a control.

"You want coffee?" She offered. "Cold coffee."

"Yes. Thank you." She smiled warmly at me and guided one of the helpers to make a glass of cold coffee. "I don't like talking in rounds. So, I will go to the point. When did you come to this house?"

"What do you mean?" Her sleek eyes cut through me sharply.

"Alina always talk about you. I was wondering."

"When she was nine." Her hand brushed over her suit to remove the dust. "I was hired as her nanny, but later I started taking care of the whole house."

One stroke.

She was her nanny.

Nodding, I grabbed the cold coffee from the tray and took a sip. "You used to help Alina in everything? Her clothes, hairs, studies?"

"Kabir, what is it?" She gritted her teeth with a smile. "I had to. Her parents were always at work."

"It's interesting," I smirked, lowering my voice. "You helped her and yet you saw no marks on her body." Her hands curled on top her lap and she was about to scream when I added further, "Forgive my intrusion, but beware before you yell. I know everything and I'm not a boy to stay quiet. Remember Rishi's face?"

"What everything?" She hissed, anger running wild through her eyes. "Kabir, leave this house before I call the security."

"And hear Alina yelling on the same." I leaned back into my seat. "She loves me. Do you think she will stay quiet if I tell her you kicked me out? You're just a worker here. I'm Kabir Oberoi. Do you think I listen to you? Now sit back."

"I'm your elder."

"And I don't care." Giving her a cold look, I raised my eyebrows. "Elder and yet shameless. You knew, didn't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Her mask came back and the smile became alive on her face. How could Alina forget so much about her past? "Do you want anything to eat?"

"My mistake. I was being so nice. Let me show what I can do. Where is her father?" I voiced my doubts out. "He was already suspicious of anyone knowing about it. He will believe me in a second."

"Believe what? Your talks?"

"It's surprising how nobody is asking you." I gazed around the house, took in the elegant ornaments and portraits. "Why to blame them? I too didn't doubt you until Alina told me she used to have bruises and nail marks." Her hand uncurled and clutched the arm of the chair, glares being thrown in my direction. "She will believe me in a second. You know she will."

But I couldn't tell her. She would go into a trauma and too much trauma could damage her mind. She was too fragile at this moment. When the right time comes, I would tell her. For a while, let those memories be locked down in her mind as the worst she could've seen.