[ K I A R A ' S P O V ]

According to dad, I could get anything in the world, or particularly, he would get me anything in the world, and all I had to just do was place my finger on the object. I shouldn't be proud of how my father had spoiled me to the core, shouldn't try to avoid his calls as my phone vibrated on top of the club shelves.

Forget it.

He fought with me for Kushal, I didn't. What was his problem? If mom didn't have any problem with me dating him, why did he? Why he kept on showing disapproval and grunted at the mere mention of our first date tonight.

But dad had never been wrong, he hadn't. been wrong when he said I shouldn't trust people easily, he hadn't been wrong when I almost drown in the swimming pool and he had saved and gone frantic, he hadn't been wrong in raising me.

But I liked Kushal.

Dad was wrong.

Why don't you say anything, mamma? Papa hates him.

Me? I don't think I am in a place to control your life. You will learn yourself.

Some days, mom's words go out of my head, some days, I just wish she could be stern rather than letting me make my own decisions and learn from it.

"Are you going to drink this?" Kushal voiced out, nodding his head to the vodka shots.

Darkness and neon lights flooded my body from top to bottom, and with one gulp, I drowned the liquid down my throat, felt the burn before it died down and gave him a hazy smile.

Not every story could be like of your parents, Kiara.

"It is a nice club," He commented.

"No, it is best." I waggled my finger in front of him. "My uncle worked his ass off to build the chains of it and I will be joining him soon."

As my twenty-first birthday had rolled in, my dad sister's husband had offered me to handle his clubs because of two reasons, first he was going old even if he didn't agree on the mere fact, and secondly, he had been aware of the love I had stored for his clubs.

"Do you want to dance?" His gaze stuck on the floor wild with teenagers and adults, and for the first time, this didn't hold my interest except the phone laying silently on the counter.

Dad.

Should I call him back? What if he had been worried about me? What if something had happened to mom or bhua or my twin or my younger siblings?

Panic struck and I shook my head quickly. Nothing wrong had happened to them. Mom was fine and reading when I had left. Bhua was in the hospital, performing her surgery and worried about Udisha's first school trip. Rahul uncle was in the office. Adyant was going to be with his flavor of the month because apparently, three years in New York didn't complete his desires. Anya was sleeping, and, Kiyan-my cutest brother-had his own secret life.

Nothing had been out of hand, but still, out of worry, I messaged mom to ask about dad's health and if his anger had toned down. Within minutes, she replied back.

Ah, forget about him. I know ways to handle my husband ;)

Gross, mamma.

I suggested nothing.

But you said more in words than you could show us to in actions about him.

Chuckling softly, I dipped phone into its original place and faced my almost annoyed date and his directory at the phone. "I thought it was about us tonight."