48. The One Where I Enjoy Till The Last Of My Days

[ Chapter 48 ]

"So, you mean?" I initiated my hand for Dhruv to start talking.

He wiped his finger on his brow, a saddened and irritated look residing on his face. Two months ago, he had called me and happily declared that he was back with Sanchi. Ten days ago, I learned Ria had holes in her heart and he didn't care to tell me. I was on verge of canceling this trip, but however, he ruined any chance and said this trip was happening, no matter what.

And here he was, sitting in my room of the cottage, being annoyed.

"She's leaving for London," He exasperated. "For six months. She told me just now."

"And what you did?" I threw the pillow at him. "Ran to me?!"

Giving me a glare, he picked the pillow from the floor and placed it back on the bed. From out of the room, I could hear the howling of Rahul, Kabir, and Rupika, going crazy over the football match.

"It's wrong," He argued. "We just got into a relationship and she's leaving me."

"Do you even know why she's going?" After a beat, he shook his head. "Did you care to ask her, douche?"

"Hey!"

"Answer me. You're mental when it comes to a relationship. If it wouldn't be me, you would've lost her again." He flicked me a middle finger. Scowling, I shoved his chest and continued, "Go. Ask her. There may be a number of reasons. Huh, Kabir is so much better than you. He's getting ready for two years, and you can't get ready for six months."

"Because she's leaving me," He argued. "Once she realizes, how much of a burden I am, she will leave me. I'm not rich anymore, I have a daughter which isn't hers, I live in a crappy apartment." He took a deep breath. "I'm rude and neither romantic. I suck at it. She even fought for it with me."

Cracking a smile, I peered at his troubled face and softened my expression.

"She loves Ria. As per your richness, if she's with you without being rich, then you should be happy. She loves you. And mister, have you forgotten about that amazing job grabbed by you? I'm so proud of you. I know you need to study further to get a better job with a higher salary but still."

"As per romance, set up a date." He gave me a long stare. "Whenever I and Kabir fights, he surprises me with a date if it is his mistake. If it is mine." Well, let's not get into it. "It will work."

"A date?"

"Yes, a date. Talk to her properly because the truth is told, most of the fights happen when you don't talk properly. Kabir and I used to have them a lot. And please, don't be rude." I teased. "You are way too rude."

"Hey!" He caught my hand, but sliding it, I circled his wrist and bend it back. "Leave it, Alina." He screamed. "God, leave, leave."

"Don't mess with me." Smirking, I broke hold on his hand and the same time, Rahul barged into the room.

"Who died?" He asked, pinning a hard stare to me and Dhruv, but founding nothing he rolled his eyes. "She beat you again?"

"For a girl, she's strong." Dhruv rubbed his wrist. "That karate classes of yours are a bitch."

Grinning, I flicked his nose. "You're a father, you shouldn't use such words."

Narrowing his eyes, he stood up from the bed, wore his shoes back and before Rahul could comment further on how Dhruv always cried, one look from me shut him up.