22. The One Where I Accept Us

"Damn, Alina, be my girlfriend," Nisha whistled as I stepped inside her house. The pages clutched in her hands fell down as she shamelessly checked me out. Was Kabir right? I mean first, this girl bought me a lingerie-a sexy lingerie-and now she was checking me out without thinking how creepy it appeared. "I wish I was a guy."

"Shut up." Walking next to her, I nudged her shoulder. "Where is your brother? He has been teasing me since he saw that girl."

"You shut up." She placed her hands on my shoulder, checking my red and black Patiala suit. Blushing under her gaze, I swirled my gaze to some other part of the hall. I had never worn a suit in my entire life, felt too weird and out of me. "The fitting is great. You look hot."

"Kabir-"

"Leave my brother for a second. You know what?" She grinned. "I want to see his reaction. Come. He's playing pool with Rahul."

She started dragging me upstairs, ignoring how hot I felt at the particular moment as if the heat was prickling at each side even though the arms were of the net. Why the hell Kabir wanted me to wear it in summer? Couldn't he wait for winter?

Biting my lip, we took an opposite turn from their room and halted at the sight of Kabir and Rahul edging around the pool table and sighed as the cold air of AC clashed through my unclothed parts of the body.

What would he think?

What if I looked horrible? I had never worn a single suit in my entire life, never felt a need to wear one in my entire life.

"Bro," Nisha called. "I have a surprise for you."

He nodded without looking up, too busy with the cue stick and the balls.

Should I leave?

"Alina," Rahul said. "Wow. Kabir give me your girlfriend."

"What the fuck-" Kabir words slurred as his eyes rested on mine and the stick kicked another ball and all the balls flew to the different directions on the table.

"Hey," I whispered.

"It was worth it," Nisha grinned and the snapping of camera reached my ears.

His leaning body stood up properly on the floor, mouth gaped open, eyes shocked before he said, "Is mom here?"

That's what he had to ask after for the first time in my life I dressed up for him? I would kill him.

"No, she went to arrange her exhibition."

"Good." He took quick steps and before I could gather what was happening, his hands were on my neck, inching my face upwards and his lips were on me. With wide eyes, I tried to see what he was doing in front of his friend and sister. "Stop surprising me." He stepped back. "A warning would have been sufficient."

Ignoring the warmth of my face, I scowled, "That's what you've to say?" Placing my hands on his chest, I pushed him back. "I wear such a thing-"

"Patiala suit," Rahul interrupted from the back.

"Whatever." I glared at him before skidding to look at my irritating boyfriend. "You always think of kissing me, isn't it?"

"Thank you," Nisha said from beside me. "It's sickening. He doesn't even care to see he has an audience."

"Tell me one thing." He faced all of us. "I can't kiss her in public, I can't kiss her in front of you. So whenever I've to kiss, I should look for a room?"

"Obvio," Nisha scowled. "Just stop doing such stuff in front of me."

"Rahul, do you mind?"

"Nope." Rahul settled his cue stick back on the table, grinning at us. "He has a point. It's just kissing. You see it in movies. What's the big deal?"