20. The One Where I Say Yes

( I have never posted a Hindi song, but this song is so perfect for Kabir's feeling. Don't you think so? And damn, I'm becoming Darshan Raval fan. His voice. )

[ A L I N A ' S P O V ]

Are you sure this is Rahul's address?

I shot the message to Dhruv for the second time of the day.

Yes. Why you need it?

Nothing. Thank you.

Switching my phone, I hopped off the car, pressed my sweaty palm on my jeans and took a deep breath.

You came here for a reason, Alina, don't you dare back down. Only Rahul could help you with it.

Gulping, I rang the bell of his house, waiting for him to open the door and confess everything to him. Kabir had assured me before that Rahul was trustworthy and he would try nothing other than some flirting that I need to get used to it. He did it with Nisha too much, and if she could handle it, I could handle it as well.

What if he tried something? What if he tells Kabir before the task was even completed? What if he thought I was being absurd and shut the door at me?

But Rahul wasn't rude to me. I wasn't Nisha.

"Who are you?" I snapped my gaze to a boy standing in front of me and frowned. It wasn't Rahul. He narrowed his eyes at me from behind his specs. "I know you." He didn't let me say something. "You were the topper of Medical stream last year of our school." Huh? "Alina Gupta. Mrs. Sood couldn't stop bragging about you the whole year." Who was he? How did he know who was my chemistry teacher in school?

"I-"

"What are you doing here? If you're here, let me ask you something. What was your NEET-"

"Alina." I sighed in relief when I heard Rahul's voice from the back. The strange boy turned his head to Rahul, and an annoyance flickered in his face. Rahul stood next to him and gave me a confused look. "What are you doing here? Did you forget Kabir's address?"

"No, I wanted to talk to you. Can we talk?" I said desperately.

"You know each other?" The boy interrupted. "How?" He slid his gaze to Rahul. "You were in Commerce. How you know her?"

Rahul rolled his eyes. "Alina, meet my younger brother, Raghuveer." He skidded his gaze to stare at Raghuveer. "What you want?"

"Her." My eyes widened at his word. "I mean her guidance. I need to know her NEET score and how she chose the best college. Did you give AIIMS exam as well? Can you guide me on which one college is best for MBBS? Maybe we can talk after you finish-"

Rahul whistled, silencing his brother rambling and I sighed in relief.

"Are you flirting with her?" Rahul asked, a smirk playing at the edge of his lips. "Hate to break, but she's not doing Medical." I shrugged my shoulders to Raghuveer's questioning look. "She left it."

"Oh. But she must have studied Medical. She could help me in some complications."

"Leave," Rahul ordered.

"What's your problem?" His brother demanded. "Will you let me talk to her?"

"I'm saving you." Rahul waved his hand to me. "This girl is Kabir Oberoi's girlfriend. Remember him? He used to be in principal office too much. He used to play pranks on teachers. The popular boy. He even threatened you to treat me good. He was the one who punched that douche in your party for a girl. This is that girl. No doubt your party became popular because I invited my friends. He will punch you if he hears you're flirting with his bookworm."