21. The One Where I Burst Out

"Open the laptop!" I shouted at Nisha, not caring her mother was standing behind me and tusking at Nisha's habit. It had been an hour since NEET result was declared, and this girl wasn't ready to open the laptop, too scared to see the zero score again.

I didn't even know her roll no, neither she was telling any of us.

For an hour, Kabir had been calling on her phone, but no, this girl wasn't ready to accept it.

"Nisha, see it." Her mother placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure it will be good."

"What if I fail?" She asked in a scared tone. "What if I get a too low score to have admission in a good college?"

"It'll be good. Trust your mom." Her mother settled on the opposite chair whilst I blinked my eyes. Mom wasn't this sweet. "Whatever it is, we'll go through it together. Your dad is calling me again and again."

"He'll be disappointed, mom," She mumbled, staring at her laptop. "I promised him I will do better. What if get a too low score? How will I tell him? With so much difficulty, he started trusting and loving me again."

"Nisha." She placed her hand on her cheek. "Your dad loves you for who you are, not for your academic marks. What he said to you in England?"

"That no matter what, he'll always support me and I can look for him whenever something bad happens to me," She mumbled with eyes turning glassy.

Why my best friend was so emotional?

"If it's a bad score, we're here for you. If it's a good score, then also we're here for you."

"But-"

My phone rang. Seeing the caller name, I picked it up and placed it against my ear.

"Give the phone to Nisha. Right now. My twin is getting on my nerves," Kabir vexed without hearing anything from me. "I know how to convince her." Nodding, I passed the phone to Nisha, who seemed confused and shook her head when she saw the caller id.

Sighing, I put the phone on speaker only.

"Kabir, the phone is on speaker. Make her understand, please," I said.

"Sis, what is this?" He howled. "I told you I like bragging about you. Check the result and get over with it."

"Kabir, what if I get less score? I really want to become a doctor, but I don't think I can drop another year too."

"Then you get," He said stubbornly. "Your this behavior won't change your marks. Trust yourself. I trust you." I smiled at his voice. Why he had to go to the office with his dad? Why couldn't he enjoy his vacation like I was doing? But Nisha had said he got bored by sitting at home and his dad took him to the hotel. "Oberoi twins against the world, remember?"

"You're here, right?" She asked. "Swear on me that you won't be disappointed?"

"Never because I know your score will be too well and then we'll party all night. We can steal beer and wines from dad's bar."

"Kabir," His mother scolded.

"Mom, you're here?" I chuckled at his scared tone. "Sis, please, do this for your brother. I'm dying here. Dad is laughing at me."

"Stay on the line, okay?" Nisha gaze skid to me. "Don't you dare cut the call."

I stuck my tongue at her and passed her laptop. She opened it, pressed the keywords on her laptop whilst I waited for the mark sheet to appear but she hid it from me. I groaned but she ignored me.

"Bro there?" She asked.

He chuckled and replied, "Always, sis."

Why couldn't I have a twin like him? Why couldn't I have a brother like him?