31. The One Where I Torture

*Don't try anything of this in your home. The warning is given.

I didn't read the chapter again once it was written. Too scared of Kabir.

[ A L I N A ' S P O V ]

So he wasn't really coming back. Two weeks had passed away since I was in Bangalore, staying in my new apartment and forgetting I and Kabir used to live together. Two weeks since I had lost any hope for him when I didn't see him filling his admission form. Two weeks since I was waiting for him, but yet angry.

What the hell was I doing? He must have moved on by now, got some American girl hanging to his arm. He must have even slept with her by now. Not every girl heckled his desires by saying no.

He must have forgotten about me.

Closing the book shut, I peered ahead as the professor continued with his lecture. Why was I even back to Bangalore? I could've stayed in Delhi, completed my graduation from there, but I hated Delhi. I would never go back to Delhi and make my stay in Bangalore. Dad would understand. He would see how Delhi held too many bitter memories with it.

But did Bangalore held any good memories anymore? But I couldn't leave every city because of him. It was just a relationship. Many people go through break-ups.

"Do you want to go shopping?" Kriti mumbled beside me.

Shaking my head, I replied back, "Not in a mood. I'm still setting my new apartment."

"Alina, what are you doing?" Her sudden question heckled my attention on the professor. Turning, I peered at her, waiting for the explanation. "Since you've come, you aren't going out. You remain stuck in your apartment. You don't laugh anymore. It's going to be two months since you both broke up."

"Thanks for telling me that. A month ago I was supposed to be married. Right now, I'm not. Two months ago, I had a forever, now I don't. So will you please excuse me." When the bell rang, I gathered my books in my hands and padded out of the classroom, ignoring her calls for me.

She wouldn't understand. She had a perfect relationship that it made me sick to my stomach. She wasn't given forever and then snatched back. She didn't know the anger I had in my heart.

"Alina." She caught my hand, turning me around. "You're shutting us off." I peered at my shoes. "I get what he did was wrong and you're hurt, but at least, say something. You stay quiet. Don't close me," She pleaded. "Come today."

I bound my hands around my books, peered at her pleading face and nodded. She was right. I couldn't shut her off because of him. From some point, I had to start off when it was clearly conveyed he wouldn't come back, and if he did he wouldn't come back to Bangalore.

I wanted to see him.

Was it too much to ask?

"So shopping?" I asked.

She nodded. "We can go to bookstores too."

"Not in a mood," I mumbled, smiling as much my face could afford. "I have to look after this place in a bookstore for readers' meet. I had already canceled the Delhi one. It was wrong."

"When it is?"

"Two weeks from now. You know what." I licked my lower lip. "Come with me." She beamed and I knew it was good asking her. "You'll help me. My editor is also coming. You can meet him and gain some experience you wanted to."

"Really?" I nodded with a grin. At least, someone should get help and I should move on, engaging with one thing that I used to love a lot. "Thank you." She hugged me in the middle of the hallway, with people staring at us or her weird behavior.