Bonus Chapter 7

[ K A B I R ' S P O V ]

I didn't want to wake up, didn't want to encounter any more of a crying baby, but dodging my wishes, I got up from the bed and ran to the other room. Switching on the lights, I met a crying boy, hugging his blankets under his fist, shaking his head in the nightmare just like his mother. She would rather live the pain of the darkness than face the reality.

She wasn't lying about the crying.

"Adi." Tapping lightly on his shoulders, I carried him in my arms, walking back and forth at the side of his bed. "It is okay. Papa is here." Even if he had no idea where your mother was from the past two weeks, when she answered none of my texts and left me alone, no idea if she was even safe. "It will be okay. No one is going to grab you."

"Pakka?" He mumbled in my shoulder, sucking his thumb.

My lips tipped in a small smile. "Pakka." I rubbed his back. "Papa won't let anyone come near you." Sniffling, he took a hold of his crying but his grip tightened around my neck and soon enough, he had fallen asleep. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Kiara curious eyes on me but diverted to the bedsheet and faced another side. "Want to sleep with me?" I initiated, and quickly, she ran out of the room.

Chuckling, I carried Adyant to my room and tried to ignore how Alina used to feel her with them, with me.

When are you coming back?

Don't make me angry at you.

Shaking my head at those worries, I laid him down on the bed and slid in the middle with both of them hovering at either side, their head on my upper arm and my gaze on the ceiling.

"Where is mamma?" Kiara asked for the fourth time in the day.

Swirling my gaze to her face, I answered, "Your mamma had some emergency work. She will come back soon."

"Then why don't she phone you?" Because your mother hated me.

"She does," I lied. "She calls you?" She nodded. "Then it is okay." Because she will always love you, no matter what happens. "Sleep. It is late." Her big hazel eyes closed shut and I leaned forward to peck her forehead and closed my eyes even if it was hard to fall asleep anymore.

Was she safe?

Something was wrong.

And I had no idea why I was feeling
that.

"Bro?"

I peeked out of my hands and sighed at Nisha's worried gaze. Stop with those pity and worried looks when my wife talked with every one of you except me, like I was a leech in her life. But do I even have a place to complain after what I had done to her? I had done the exact same thing, ignored her calls and texts to just throw a fucking tantrum.

"What?" I barked.

"Cool yourself." Rolling her eyes, she moved to the refrigerator. "She will come back soon."

"Easy for you to say when she talks to you." My comment was answered by a snarky smile. "I bet you know where she is."

"Yes, I do and even Dhruv and Kriti knows. She shares everything with us." I raised my eyebrow at her actions of opening the beer bottle. "No work and I am tired." She took the opposite seat, sipping from her bottle. "Want?" I shook my head, burying my fingers in my hair.

"Is she okay?"

She replied after a second. "Yes, she is." My feet tapped on the ground. I needed more information than that. I needed to know where she was, what she was doing to heal, what was going through her head, and more importantly, when I would see my girl. "You are tormented without her."