7. The One Where I Burnt the Castle

*Don't know if this song has been used before in any of the chapters, but it suit this chapter too much.

No matter how much I try, I can't stop writing this book.

And damn, looks like 7000 words are daily routine of my chapters now, but I really want to make this book detailed, every single incident to be captured that mattered in lives of six of them. Does any of you mind? Tell, I could adjust the word limit then.

[ K A B I R ' S P O V ]

"Thanks for the gift." Nisha beamed beside me, but her whole attention was on the bracelet strapped to her wrist. It had cost me a fortune and I had no idea how dad would react to finding I had used too much from my debit card. He had set a limit for both me and Nisha, but I had overdone it this time. I could've gotten her a new dress, but it wasn't worth it. Her closet was filled with them, and she had all the supplies for her paints.

And I was running late. So, in the end, along with Mom, I had gone to the jewelry shop. I had to give her something on Bhai Dooj.

"It must be expensive," She whispered, tensed.

"It's okay. You loved it. That's what matters."

"But dad-"

"I'll handle it. Excited about England?" Dad informed her yesterday. She had been in shock but then jumped on the couch, screaming she was going to England and teasing me because I couldn't go.

Some devil she was. She was getting back on the car thing.

"A lot." She smirked. "I'm going to miss you." I raised my eyebrows. "Who am I kidding? I don't care."

I rolled my eyes, tapping my fingers next to the swimming pool. I wanted to swim, but the rays of sunlight were disturbing my eyes and I had settled for sitting next to the pool.

"After this England thing, can I come and stay with you?"

"Huh?"

"You're not coming here for New Year, and I love celebrating New Year. If I stuck here, I would be stuck with oldies parties. Please."

"Rahul, Rupika and Dhruv are here."

"Have you met Dhruv's girlfriend? I would rather be alone. And Rahul? No way. And as per Rupika, she has already made plans with her college friends."

I peered at her, realizing she didn't have any friends left in her life. All of them turned their backs when the news of her running away spread in the school circle when the case of the video was made. Dad had told her if she filed a case then things could go down, but she didn't back down.

"Of course, you can come anytime you want." I ruffled her hair. "But call me before, okay? I don't use the other room at all. I would've to get it clean."

She squealed.

"And you'll show me around Bangalore? Promise me."

Laughing, I nodded. "You're going to England, you've seen America, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and it's Bangalore that excites you?" She shrugged her shoulders, biting the apple.

Passing her a smile, I walked out of the garden area, stroll to my parent's room, finding dad on the bed, reading one of his files. Nervously, I knocked his door. His gaze diverted to my face.

"You don't have to knock, Kabir. I'm not that busy," He said with a smile, and closed his file. I hurled into the room, sat on the love seat and faced him. "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow." And I still hadn't gotten my winter clothes out.

Need to ask mom where she had kept them. I smirked, realizing how different it was for me. Before mom used to do all my work. Whenever I had to go to tuition, I would call her because I couldn't find my shoes or my books. I wouldn't even get up to get a glass of water, and last night, unknowingly, I cleaned my plate after dinner. Nisha had stared at me with a gaping mouth.