Chapter 34: Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"So are you gonna let us in now or-" Harlow started until Gavin shot his fist out and punched him in the side.

"Ow, what the fuck!" The greasy man wheezed as he clutched his stomach.

"Don't be rude, Harlow." Gavin hissed. "Do you mind letting us in so we can talk with our boss? It's crucial but I understand if you are uncomfortable. We can wait here while you go get him if that would be better for you."

"Uh-" Lilianna stuttered.

"Lili."

She whipped around at the sound of her name and stared at Vendetta wide-eyed.

"You can let them in darling, it's fine." He assured her, walking down the last few steps and making his way towards her. She nodded and stepped back, letting the door swing open for the two men on the porch.

"It's been too long Boss!" Harlow laughed, stretching his hand out to shake hands with Vendetta. "But looks like prison treated you well, eh? You got fucking ripped, the business stayed up, and you got yourself a woman. Always keeping on that grind!"

"Don't talk about my Lili like that." Terrence snapped, wrapping his arm around Lilianna's waist and pressing her into his side.

"Woah Woah, hey I'm not trying to be rude, man I'm just saying-"

"Harlow, stop flapping your gums before you get blasted!" Gavin growled, digging his fingers into the man's shoulder.

"Ouch, okay, okay! I'll shut up now I'll stop, ow!" He agreed as he tried to release the hand causing him pain.

"I'm glad you're here, we have some serious things to talk about." Terrence started. "How about we take this to my office, no?"

"Certainly Boss." Gavin nodded, shooting daggers at Harlow.

"Definitely a great idea." Harlow nodded quickly.

"Perfect, Lili why don't you go help Hannah with her schooling I'm sure she could use more French practice." Terrence smiled slightly, looking down at Lili. He held her gaze and let her see the real words through his eyes. He wanted her to get as far away from the two men as possible.

"Okay." She whispered, trying to mask her fear but not doing too great.

"Good." He smiled wider, the gesture not reaching his eyes. He lowered his head as if to kiss her but placed his lips next to her ear instead.

"Don't leave the kitchen until I come for you. Don't let Hannah out of your sight either. Otis will be with you the whole time I swear. Keep your chin up and confidence on, you are my woman and a queen does not bow to anyone. This is your house and you are the one that gets to control it, not my boys. Understood?" He said under his breath. Her heart stopped at the words she processed, he had never made her feel in control of anything. She nodded slightly and he sighed in relief, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"That's my kitten." He mumbled with a smile. He pulled away from her and turned to the two men in the entranceway. "Follow me."

Terrence led Gavin and Harlow up the stairs and Lilianna didn't move until she heard the door click shut. She let out the breath she was holding and she ran into the kitchen.

"Who was it?" Jeremiah asked he had taken her spot next to Hannah.

"Two men from Fresno-" she started. Before she could finish what she was saying Jeremiah shot out of his seat and ran up the stairs. Almost immediately following, Otis entered.

"Hey." He smiled casually, stealing one of the chocolate chip cookies from the day before that sat in the middle of the table.

"Who are they?" Lilianna asked, her tone pointed and demanding. Otis froze mid-chew and let the panic become evident on his face. He cleared his mouth and looked at his Yeezy covered toes.