Selfish

Loki was greatly recognized for his success in defeating Thanos.

The undead kneeled and bowed down to him in gratitude, and the Avengers were thankful enough to honor his contribution as a worthy enough effort to present him all that he desired with open arms.

His previous devious actions were more than forgiven, and he had any resources he could wish for, along with a loyal army at his disposal.

As for the resurected, their entry into Valhalla was secured, so most of them had decided that there was no need to rush into passing on. No matter what realm was originally their home, they chose to follow Loki to repopulate Asgard and have him rule over them for the time being.

Even with all the ones lost in battle, there were enough that remained alive to be comparable to Asgard's original population.

Of course, Loki gladly accepted. He could rule over all of Midgard along with Asgard if he so desired. He could even use his unsettling army to take over what was left of the other realms if he so wished. He could forever avoid death as well, although he was the only one to know that, as the one person he chose to disclose this information to was now in the one realm that was not open to him.

He sat on his father's throne, looking over the mostly empty room with a sour expression as Thor approached him.

"I had not realized that woman had meant so much to you, brother." He admitted with noticeable concern.

Loki shook his head before mumbling. "She had not."

Thor crossed his arms with a huff. "Your efforts alone have rewarded you with greater power than just our fathers throne. Which, I may add, you have coveted since we were just kids. Yet you sit here looking like someone had shat in your tea."

Loki rolled his eyes. "Please leave me be, Thor. Go check on how efforts back on Midgard are concluding or something of the sort."

Thor sighed before walking over to stand by the side of the throne, gently placing a hand on his shoulder, Loki scowling from the unwanted physical contact. "Whether you admit it or not, if you do feel strongly towards this woman, I hope you can rest assured knowing that she is in Valhalla for her heroic efforts. With our father. Not to mention the many hundreds of survivors resurrected from Hel, who now have a path to Valhalla opened to them. I am certain that one day you can reunite with her there."

Loki scoffed. "As if father would allow me to enter Valhalla..."

Thor smiled widely, figuring he had finally discovered a way to try to cheer Loki up. "With your shown skill in leadership, how could he not?!"

Loki glared up at him, not speaking further.

Thor gave up with a sigh while removing his hand after a short and supportive slap on the shoulder. He moved on to report what he originally came there to say and then promptly took his leave.

Loki's nimble mind started firing off thoughts as soon as Thor left his sight.

It was true, without the sacrifice of life from some of the Avengers and the army from Hel, Thanos would not have been made weak enough to be defeated in the way Loki had managed to. In fact, so much power was used from the gauntlet, only the mind stone remained, with a small darkened shard of the time stone.

"How ironic..." Loki thought. "To think only one full stone remains in all reality, and it is the one I tried to take for myself so long ago." He propped his head against his right hand, massaging his temples in frustration with his elbow resting on the armrest of the throne.

He heard the slight clink of armor as the guard to the right of the throne had shifted his weight, and he looked over to that guard in thought.

It was the dark skinned shopkeep that Isis convinced to join the army when they ran into her in Hel. He turned out to be one of the most fierce fighters and was the person that easily skinned the unnamed follower that killed Kitri. The act of which earned him an honored place by Loki's throne after the war in her honor.