Þökk

It had become increasingly difficult to tell how long they had been in Hel as time passed, as their only estimate was based on how often they would be hungry or tired. The dead in Hel still ate and slept, but had no need to do so. They just did it purely out of the sake of doing something to occupy themselves.

Baldur had not made any further attempts to harass them, at least for the time being, but the other deceased gods were definitely taking their sweet time organizing any sort of an army.

As they made their way around town Kitri was happily able to find a suitable cauldron for what she had planned. Loki was curiously looking around some shops with her, having transformed himself to avoid drawing too much attention.

"Is this really necessary?" Kitri thought to him, watching his wrinkled, rag covered body sifting through clothes. He looked up at her with old empty eyes. Seeing the face of the old woman he chose to look like made her somewhat uncomfortable.

"It is a precaution, my sweet. I have angered many of the now dead. You have nothing to fear since they do not know of you. Aside from our favorite beloved god who tried to kill you, of course."

Kitri averted her eyes back to the shelf in front of her that was filled with various objects and ingredients, trying to see if she could feel the energy coming off of them to possibly use in her potion. "The ingredients here are all so.... Weak. Even more so than on Midgard..." She thought, turning over a bright purple orchid and examining it from each side.

Loki chuckled, his hag-like disguise making it sound closer to a cackle. "That may be because of how they get this stuff? I am not entirely sure, but I am certain animals die and come here as well as humans or gods. Valhalla must have food and things as well, so is it from the dead or from magic alone? I can only assume..."

Kitri nodded looking over a palm sized music box, finding a mix of human and inhuman looking teeth inside it as she opened it. Her repulsion turned to curiosity as she felt the energy around it felt more right, in a way. In a somewhat sick way, but undeniably powerful. She held on to it and turned around to see the male Jotun shopkeeper moving towards Loki.

He gently laid a hand on Loki's fragile looking shoulder. "Do you need any assistance, m'lady?" Kitri looked away, trying to hide a giggle at someone addressing Loki in this way.

Loki looked up at the shopkeep and grinned, missing teeth in his innocent appearing ancient smile. "No need for concern, son. I am doing well on my own." His voice croaked, and Kitri shook her head in bewilderment at hearing how convincing his old woman impression was. "Also no need for formalities. I am the one causing you trouble while I stumble around your shop."

The Jotun ice giant grinned at Loki, showing off his large goblin-like fangs. "No trouble at all! Do let me know if you change your mind and need assistance." Kitri made her way to the front table used for making transactions, trying to keep the playful look on her face hidden, as she got an idea.

She left the music box on the table and made her way over to Loki, walking around the shopkeep and putting a hand on Loki's shoulder. "Alright grandma, is there anything I should get for you? I am ready to head back home if you are." She said lovingly, giving him a quick wink out of the view of the Jotun.

"Ohhoho... you clever woman. To use me like this while I am hiding, for your own jests. Just wait until we are back in our chambers and I can get my hands on you properly." He thought.

Kitri tried not to cringe as this thought came through to her while watching the old woman in front of her.

"I think I am well and ready to head back, sweetheart." Loki said.