Connected

Loki sat with his legs crossed at the ankle next to Kitri, curiously watching the cauldron she was brewing in. He wore his leather pants, but remained shirtless and barefoot.

The large wooden spoon continued to move on its own within the cauldron in a clockwise motion as it left her fingertips, stirring the potion with the help of her magic to move it.

Kitri glanced up at him every so often to see his focused expression as his eyes closely watched her bubbling work in wonder. "You look adorable." She teased with a quiet laugh. "Maybe I should brew for you more often."

Her words seemed to snap Loki out of his trance. "I have witnessed your improvements in magic, but had not realized it would affect your brewing as well."

He leaned in closer as Kitri added a few more ingredients and continued stirring. The contents of the cauldron began to turn from a deep blue to a bright shimmering green. "Are you certain you wish to do this? If I am being honest, the idea is quite new for me." Kitri admitted with a hint of hesitation. She never would have imagined that the god of lies would be willing to share thoughts between one another.

Loki nodded enthusiastically. "An optional telepathic connection would be lovely, my sweet. Unlike the doubles I create, we can shut each other out of our minds if we get sick of it. Or perhaps I should say, "When you tire of dealing with my nonsense."" He added with a wide grin.

Kitri shook her head while biting down a smile. "Give me one of your hairs, you fool."

Loki leaned over towards her to let her pluck it off his head herself, and used his magic to create a copy behind Kitri to get one of her long hairs. She let out a surprised gasp.

She took the hair from the double behind her as it vanished into nothingness. "You are having far too much fun with this." She accused playfully as she poured the elixir into the two glass vials. She dropped her single bit of hair into the one for Loki and corked it, then did the same with one of his into her own.

"Why should I not be? This is truly fantastic. Now I have no need to rely on guards, or wander around Odin's halls to know what you are getting yourself involved in." He tapped her nose with one of his long slender fingers. "Not to mention I will be able to share my very filthy thoughts with you from anywhere I wish." He said with a sensual growl.

Kitri grinned. "Oh is that what you have been doing in your free time? Wandering the halls looking for me like a lost pup?"

Loki's brows furrowed, and he growled again as he pounced on her, careful to not kick over her cauldron or the two vials as he pinned her to the ground.

"If you spill these, I will end you without hesitation. This is the most difficult and complicated potion I have ever made." Kitri let out as she attempted to glare, but couldn't keep down a smile that betrayed the seriousness of her threat.

Loki's lips were inches away from hers as he smirked. "A lost pup, you say? I prefer a wolf pup over one of those Midgardian monstrosities they call their companions... Perhaps one day you can meet my wolf. Although, I do believe I have found a new nickname for you, Kitri." He snaked his fingers through her hair and pulled, making her throw her head back with an abrupt sensual grunt, revealing her neck. "Can you guess what it is?" He asked as he slowly licked from her collarbone up her neck and lightly nipped on her earlobe.

Her eyes were closed and she bit down on her lip failing to keep in a moan. "It is "pet", isn't it?" She whispered and he pulled harder on her hair, making her gasp.

"What was that, kitten?" Loki teased.

Kitri spoke a tad louder this time. "The new nickname, my pet."