Why Bother

Loki walked Kitri to his room, fuming with anger. They only made it a few steps before he bent down to shove his other arm under her knees and pick her up to carry her.

"There's" Kitri coughed quietly, clearing her throat of the blood before deciding to switch to thought. "There is no need for this, love. I can walk on my own."

Loki ignored her. "So that was him then? The man who banished you? Who in the damned gods' names does he think he is?!" He hissed.

"He is indeed!" Kitri was in surprisingly good spirits, despite the situation she was in only moments ago. "Our favorite Baldur! Loved by everyone, and hated by none. Other than me, and his fiance back around the time I made a move on her, apparently." Kitri let out a short delighted chuckle as he sat her on the bed in his assigned chambers.

Loki put a finger under her chin to lift her head up to examine her neck. He very lightly put his hands around it, trying to not touch the bruised flesh as much as possible as he began healing her.

"Only marks made by me should ever be on you... What makes you so giddy after something like that? I was worried he was going to snap your neck to force you to remain here, aggravating him with your words..." He thought.

She sighed in pleasure at the feeling of the healing magic coursing through her skin from his touch. "I could not help it! It is my first reaction to a stressful situation, and how could I miss this opportunity to jest and insult him? As if you do not do the exact same thing, I might add." She thought, looking at him knowingly. "To see how livid he was to see me... Alive and well, while his old behind rots away in this place after all he tried to do to get rid of me. How could I not be thrilled?"

Loki withdrew his hands off her neck, putting one to the back of her head to try to heal the bloody spot that was repeatedly slammed against the wall.

"All this, just because his fiance and you shared a passionate kiss?" Loki asked in a low voice.

Kitri shook her head. "He was the same man my family wanted to marry me off to, until that broke down on its own in time. I believe it hurt his ego. Everyone kissed his feet, and I had no interest in that, or him in general whatsoever." She thought.

Loki smirked. "Then I most definitely understand. Not only rejected by you, but then also having you steal the attention of his new one? Very devious... And the name you said was Baldur?"

Kitri nodded.

"I know of him." He said with a sly grin.

Kitri turned to look at him with interest. "Is that so?"

Loki grinned widely while nodding. "Oh, yes."

"He was a son of Odin from another woman, before Frigg was married off to him." He paused as a wide mischievous grin grew on his face. "In fact it was I who caused his death..."

Kitri looked at him in disbelief. "You lie."

Loki shook his head. "I am a liar. Called the god of lies by most, but not this time, kitten." Kitri looked at him suspiciously, but Loki just responded with a playful shrug. "You may ask Frigg about his death, if you wish. I do not believe she knows for certain I had caused it, yet she must have her suspicions."

Kitri's eyes widened in shock. "How..? How is it that we share so much and did not know of each other's existence before recently? The gods that tie the threads of fate must truly have a sense of humor." She shook her head, studying his features.

Loki gave her a small shrug while smiling proudly. "Seems so. This is far too great of a coincidence." Feeling it would be too strange for her to stare at his unmoving face as he told the tale, he switched back to speaking aloud.

"He bragged on and on about being immortal... Blessed with the love of all. Confident to the point that he had anyone who wished, throw things at him to prove it. Rocks... Daggers... all just bounced off without harming him. As you can imagine, I most certainly took this as a challenge. I had learned from Frigg that there was something off about his power. She let it slip that mistletoe was too small and harmless for him to worry about, but I figured out the hidden meaning." Kitri watched him, wide-eyed and unmoving, lips parted slightly in bewilderment as he spoke.

"I made an arrow out of it and had it thrown through his heart. No particular hatred for the man, before now at least. Just mischief and my own cleverness."

"That is incredible..." Kitri thought as she breathed in and slowly let the air back out, trying to process what he had just said.

"To be truthful, the idea that he was Odin's son before Frigg did not sit well with me, as well as his annoying pompousness. Little had I known at the time that he was more legitimate of a son to them than I could ever be." He added.

"Why is he so old..." Kitri whispered in wonder.

"Must be a disguise to be certain it was actually you when he got the word of the feast." Loki speculated. "To believe that he holds such a grudge against you is pretty incredible. You must have really broken him down." He added, starting to chuckle which grew into a laugh as he became more and more entertained by the thought of it.

Kitri watched him with a smile, giggling from his laughter. "You know what? I want to make a potion to celebrate. One of the gold colored ones I let you smell a while back that got rid of all the awful thoughts. We can split it and waste some time while the leaders are organizing. All this pressure of Thanos and the dead related to our past need to melt away, so we can clear our heads and start fresh." She thought as Loki tried to catch his breath from his fit of laughter.

He sighed and examined her body again, making sure all injuries caused by Baldur have been healed, but quickly losing focus as he looked over her curves.

Once satisfied that they were, he put his hand on her lap and looked into her eyes. "Just look at you... You really are quite something else. I can honestly say I have never met anyone else like you." He mused. She gave him a soft smile, and he gathered his thoughts before he continued. "I like this idea. I feel like we should rest, but after I can help you find a cauldron, or something else to use. We can then waste away the day, or night, or whatever it is around here."

She grinned at him and nodded, getting up to raid the filled drawers for something to wear to bed. "Why bother?" Loki asked.

She turned around to see him looking over her, his gaze traveling up her body to her face as he raised an eyebrow.

"Fair enough..." She thought, removing the illusion of having clothes on and walking toward Loki, who was lounging on the bed, with one arm supporting his head.