Ash and Frozen Rivers

Kitri burst out in laughter and fell to sit on her behind, making a small puff of ash float up in a cloud around where she landed. Loki pulled his legs back, getting on all fours and crawling over to the laughing woman, pushing her onto her back with little resistance before holding himself up over her.

"Loki... I cannot believe it." She sighed, as she finally managed to contain her giggles.

He looked down at her with a grin, his red eyes glowing in the darkness that surrounded them. "Did I say something that you find amusing?' he thought to her, reopening the connection.

"What about your double??" She asked aloud, looking up at him in shock and putting her hands on his hips. She felt skin through his torn leather armor.

"He is dead. Got murdered after Heimdall right after you teleported, in fact. Thor finally left his side to try to contact another ship for help... Therefore I am officially all yours." Loki said with a flirty smile.

Kitri's eyebrows furrowed. "I see... How is he?" Loki groaned and rolled over onto his back, the ash underneath him muffling the sound of impact from his landing.

"Always caring about my brother first. I guess things really never will change." He pouted. "And after all I have done!" He dramatically threw his arm over his eyes.

She let out a heavy sigh and rolled over onto her side to face him. "Always so dramatic... You misunderstand. How did he react to your death? You put on quite a show up there."

Loki threw his arm down and grinned proudly, fully snapping out of his act. "I did, did I not? He reacted a lot more emotionally than I expected. I threw so many hints at that daft man, all of which went completely over his head! I even called myself Loki Odinson in front of Thanos, for gods' sake!"

Kitri smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist as she laid her head on his chest. "Probably for the better. No chance of Thanos reading through our plan. Why have you not shown me this??" She then asked, gently touching one of his horns.

Loki flinched. "Ahh... I figured the skin and eyes were enough of an introduction to what I truly look like." He admitted hesitantly. "I needed to use everything I could to focus in this place."

"I very much like them... You are breathtaking." Kitri thought.

Loki turned his face to look at her, certain that some feeling of vulnerability was showing in his expression. He cleared his throat, suddenly looking uncomfortable. "Well perhaps some modesty is needed on my end now that you are here with me."

"No, I am serious..." She thought. "At least while we are wandering this cursed realm, do not cover yourself up. I shall not allow it."

He pulled her closer to kiss her deeply, as she intertwined her fingers through his hair while holding him close.

As they paused to settle their labored breathing, Kitri began pulling away to sit up. "As lovely as this is, and trust me, Loki, I am more than thrilled to be around you again, we really should figure out where we are and how to survive out here. If Heimdall is truly dead, getting out will not be easy." Kitri observed as she stood, and reached her hands out to help pull Loki up as well. "Really though, how are you doing?" She asked as he stood.

"Fine, I suppose. Given the situation... What about you, my sweet?"

Kitri smiled sadly, shrugging. "This realm is much better than Muspelheim so far... I do feel a tinge of guilt at misleading the others-" Loki scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Buuuuut" she continued, "This kind of trickery feels pretty fantastic. No wonder you like mischief so much."

He chuckled. "It is fine so far. I still cannot believe we got away with it... I am certain something is bound to go wrong soon enough."