Mind Games

They returned to their new chambers, having taken Frigg's much larger and grander room as per Frigg's request before her departure. Loki fell back onto the massive bed as soon as they made it into the room, completely drained from keeping up such an intricate illusion. As his body hit the silken sheets, his arms spread out, legs dangling over the side of the bed. All of the illusions he normally kept up slipped away with one exhausted groan.

Kitri smiled softly while she walked towards him, seeing his Jotun line covered skin and long black horns come into view. He was dressed only in his leather pants, having not even bothered to put on shoes or a shirt when they had left that morning.

"You really do not enjoy wearing shirts do you?" She thought to him, as she sat down on the bed next to him and began tracing the lines on his chest.

He sighed at her touch and chuckled while his eyes remained closed. "Less to cover up with magic, less to remove now that we are done." He murmured in a sleepy voice.

"Well... I am definitely not complaining." She stopped tracing his chest and put a hand on his lap. "Move up on the bed properly so we can get some sleep." She said.

Loki shook his head, a cocky smile grew on his face. "Move me yourself, if you wish."

"You prefer to sleep like this then?" She asked playfully.

Loki cracked open one of his crimson eyes to peek at Kitri. She looked exhausted as well, but the way she was looking down at him through the messy red locks that fell around her face made his smile widen. He closed his eyes again. "No. I prefer you move me." He thought with a chuckle.

He felt her hand slip away and the weight on the mattress shift as she stood up. "Very well... Although I do have one question for you first." She said softly.

"And what is it you wish to ask me, my sweet?" He asked, as he felt his body slowly being lifted into the air weightlessly, and his eyes shot open in surprise.

"When you rule, would you prefer to be addressed as King Loki?"

He was in fact being lifted up by her magic toward the ceiling and being repositioned. He tried to look around to see what Kitri was doing before he felt his head get restrained from any movement.

"Or Loking?" She moved the blankets out of the way with her hands before lowering him, and releasing him to fall for the last few feet back onto the bed while bursting into laughter.

The impact definitely made him more alert, and he looked at her proud smile with a playful glare as he shook his head. "You are ridiculous."

She responded with a small shrug before stripping to her underwear and crawling into bed with him. He sighed as he pulled her closer, burying his face into her neck and breathing in her scent. "Since you wish to use such absurd puns, I will need only you to call me Loking. In fact, I shall expect nothing less than Lord Loking." He thought playfully, and she let out a hearty laugh, before she felt his thoughts drift into a deep much needed sleep.

Kitri was the first to wake up, and she turned in bed to see Loki had shifted to sleep on his back, one arm still under her head. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed, and his closed eyes were moving rapidly as if he was having an unpleasant dream. She had no idea if it would work, but her curiosity got the better of her as she pushed herself into his mind.

They had never tried using this connection while one was asleep, and she wanted to see if she could see into his dreams, let alone affect them. She was delightfully surprised as she began to see outlines of some sort of imagery that became more clear as she focused on it.