Chapter 59 || He is the Boss

Chorong

I noticed my eyes are covered, so all I can see is darkness. My hands are tied up but my feet aren't. My eyes are covered with cloth but it still hurts."Excuse me?" I asked somebody.

I heard people talking faintly in the background, what is happening? I shifted my position since it was uncomfortable.

"Take off that cloth covering her eyes." This voice is not familiar to me. Someone removed the cloth causing my eyes to squint because of the light."Sorry, they went overboard. I mean, no harm at all."

My eyes landed on the woman, "Who are you?" I asked and then saw that I am in a room which looks like her office.

She looks like she is in her 50's, must be from a rich family. She didn't smile or anything."I am just here to talk to you about my son. I decided to interfere between you and Mark, pretty cliche? I know you are still in contact with him."

"I still love him," I said, my final words.

Mark's mom smiled, "I wasn't going to stop you." She replied."I want you to stop Mark from marrying that girl. I'll take care of everything and all you need to do is that one thing, go to his wedding and ruin everything."

What? She wants me to go and ruin her son's wedding. How did I end up in this situation? I stared at her for a very long time."Wa-Wait, you want me-" I was cut off when she called out for someone."I don't think-"

"Shush.."She silenced me and went to the other room. She came back with someone pulling a rack of clothes inside the room."We are going to give you a makeover, you need to be stunning."

"But-"

"All guys get out of this room and do your job right!" She yelled at them, then grabbed one dress from the rack. The lady with her was busy arranging high heels in front of me."Okay, try this one."

I nodded, then she pulled my arm and started dragging me to the bathroom. His mother closed the door behind me, "What am I doing?" I asked myself, looking at the dress I am holding.

This is supposed to be a story about me trying to get away from Mark but it became this. I sighed and nodded to myself in the mirror."This is rather unsettling. " I mumbled as I started to get changed.

My eyes stared at the human-sized mirror and let out a deep breath before going out. The lady quickly grabbed my hand and let me sit on a chair, "I'll do your hair and makeup, Ma'am told me the exact style she wants." She smiled.

"Excuse me, I don't think I should be doing this," I told to the lady as I stood up from the stool."I can't ruin the wedding!"

"Just trust me." My eyes went to Mark's mother as she sipped on her glass of wine."I wasn't asking you, I am telling you to do it for my son."

She walked towards me and placed her hands on my shoulder to let me sit."Start with the makeup." She said to the lady.

Her eyes were looking at the mirror, "That gunshot wound..." She paused, and then glanced at me."When did you get it?"

"It just-"

"No, no." She stopped me."You don't need to tell me."

I stared at myself for a while before realizing how different I look like."My bangs are gone." I said to the lady.

She laughed, "Yes, I changed your hairstyle. Do you like it?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Wait here, I'll go and call ma'am." She said, before leaving the room.

Now that I think about it, how did my story became like this? And, what happened to mom?!