Chapter 51 || He is the Boss

Chorong

My mother was also nowhere to be seen. I noticed how there is a needle in my arm, and I am actually in the hospital. Father, Chanyeol, Yura, Taehyung, Naeun, Hayoung and Hyunjin was standing across me.

The doctor was checking my vitals with the nurse beside him, doing something with the pole beside me."She just needs some rest." He said to my father."But, Mr. Park, can I talk to you for a moment? Outside?"

I calmed down, unlike earlier when I woke up from my dream."Chorong, what happened?" Chanyeol run towards me, then asked."Did you remember something?"

What was he talking about? I didn't know what to say and looked puzzled. He shrugged his shoulders before grabbing my hand."You don't need to say anything." Chanyeol whispered.

"Will she be okay?" Hayoung asked as Yura, Naeun and her went beside the hospital bed. I stared at them, unable to open my mouth. Yura talked."This is why I told you to never go by yourself."

Naeun on the other hand was unable to say anything and just stared in fear. My eyes went to my brother, again."This is not the time for that." Chanyeol said, glaring at Yura.

Yura sighed, walking out from the room causing Taehyung to run after her. That's when I started wondering if what I dreamt was a dream."I think we need to leave." Hyunjin said, placing a hand on Hayoung's shoulder.

She looked at Hyunjin, and nodded but before leaving, she glanced at me. Father came back in with a troubled look."Chanyeol, can we talk outside?" He asked my brother.

"Please look after her for the meantime." Chanyeol said to Naeun, who hasn't still talked. She nodded, grabbing a chair to sit on. Naeun was staring at me then sighed."Are you okay? Can you speak?" She asked.

I didn't know why but I slowly opened my mouth when I couldn't earlier."What happened?" I asked in a very weak voice. It almost sound like I was losing my voice."Water, water." I said in desperation.

Naeun gasped then run for a plastic bottle on the table and let me took a sip."Chorong, are you okay?" She asked. I nodded, struggling to sit. Naeun helped me."You don't have to force yourself, if you still can't do anything."

I shook my head."What happened?"

"How long was I here?"

"When did I get here?"

"Why isn't my mom here?"

"What happened to me?"

"All I remember is...nothing." I said, massaging my temple.

Naeun smiled."I will tell you everything." She said, rubbing my back."You were attacked by a guy who hasn't been caught yet, you were found by a random stranger passing by at an alley which I am thankul for if it wasn't for that guy, you wouldn't be here right now. And actually, you have been sleeping for two days. We were happy to see you wake up. But, about your mom.. She had a shock from what happened to you. She is currently in the other hospital room."

My eyes widened."Mom is at the hospital, right now?" I asked, then get off the bed to go see my mother."Tell me where she is right now. I need to see her. What if her condition gets worse?"

Naeun stopped me, from going anywhere."You just woke up, you need more rest. You are going to make it worse for you, too." She told me.

The door opened,"Chorong!" Chanyeol shouted, coming beside me."What are you doing? You can't move, yet. You wound hasn't healed up." He glanced at my arm.

That's when I noticed it and felt the pain. I didn't see the wound or felt pain, earlier. I groaned, supporting myself on the bed."Mom.." I said.

Chanyeol's face explained everything but smiled at me to hide the pain."She is fine. You'll see her if you just stay and rest here." He said.

I shook my head."It's all my fault." I muttered to myself in anger.

Chanyeol cupped my cheeks, forcing me to look at him."It's no ones fault." He whispered."Mom will be okay and you will, too."

"Dad?" I asked, tearing up a bit.

"He is with mom."

"Tell me the truth." I wished but I knew he couldn't tell me. I just hoped that she'll be okay no matter what.

Chanyeol and Naeun helped me lie on my bed and rest. They went to the corner to talk about something and I couldn't hear them.

I let out a deep breath as I looked at the needle in my skin. I'll be okay and so is mom."Hey, go to sleep." Chanyeol said, smiling.

I just nodded then closed my eyes. It wasn't long when I heard the door closed. This guy who shot me, why can't I remember him? Did he perhaps robbed me? But, why would he have a gun instead? 

I heard the door opened, once again."Chorong." This time I heard my father's voice. He sounded like he was crying but I wasn't sure.

 "Your mother.." Dad said, then held my hand."....Now, you are also in danger. What did I do wrong?I shouldn't have let you stay with a guy like him."

The hand that held my own has left, causing me to open my eyes but dad already left. I felt my eyes tearing up, but I stopped as soon the nurse entered the room, again.

But, the nurse wasn't the only person who entered but someone I didn't expect at this time.