Chapter 14 || He is the Boss

Chorong

The vibration of my phone woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes while my hand was busy searching for my cellphone. When I couldn't feel it, I sat up and searched under the sheets. Grabbed my phone and checked the time. It's already 8: 13 am.I gasped then went to the bathroom in the speed of light.

In a towel, I was looking for an outfit for Bomi's Birthday. I quickly put on the clothes I chose since the party will be attended in their house. It was a simple attire. Then, placed a bit of make up on my face.

A knock on the door made me jumped in shock

A knock on the door made me jumped in shock. I went to the door and opened it. It was Dad with his arms crossed with a confused look on his face." Where are you going?" He asked me while pointing at my clothes. 

"It's Bomi's birthday. One of the employees in the company I worked on." I replied. He nodded then told me to be careful. In a rush, I didn't miss the bus. Bomi's address in the invitation saved me from being lost. As soon as I reached the house, I gasped. " It looks so pretty."

I see a lot of cars from the outside of their house. There are also a lot of people in beautiful dresses and tuxedos, compared to what I am wearing. I hesitated going in." I should probably not go." I told myself before walking away. There were no dress codes when I read the invitation, though.

"Chorong!" I heard a familiar voice called out my name from afar. Turned around to see Bomi, waving at me. She run towards me then looked at me, confused. I smiled, awkwardly. "Happy Birthday, Bomi. Here is your present." I said while giving the gift to her.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Bomi asked as she accepted the gift. I told her that I didn't know that the theme would be this so grand. She laughed." That is fine. Let's go in!" She locked her arm with mine then dragged me inside their house. Looks like a mansion.

Everyone was looking at me, but someone caught my attention. Taehyung was sitting on a white chair while waiting for someone. " What is Taehyung doing here?" I asked her. Now that I looked around properly, everyone in the company is here. This is so embarrassing. 

"Noona!" Taehyung shouted , running towards me. I laughed nervously. He stared at me before talking again." I was waiting for you. Why aren't you wearing a gown? I wanted to see it." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice. I explained it to him.

Bomi left us and talked to the other guests. Taehyung on the other hand, walked me to the table he was in and then told me to sit beside him." Why didn't you tell me that you were invited to Bomi's Birthday?" I asked him.

" I thought, maybe I could surprise you but I guess I couldn't, noona." Taehyung replied with his square-shaped smile. I sighed, uncomfortable about my attire but smiled a bit at him. He noticed how I acted then told me." It's okay, noona."