Chapter 31 || He is the Boss

Chorong

I actually woke up earlier from my alarm, It was very early. I looked at my phone making my eyes squint from the brightness of my phone."2:00?" I whispered to myself.

What made me fully awake was a missed call from Mark. I immediately sat up and then wondered why would he call me."Should I call him back?" I asked.

I shook my head then thought how I would disturb his sleep. Taehyung also texted me last night,"Am I too harsh to Taehyung, yesterday?" I asked myself while reading the text message he sent me.

"Thanks for the dinner again. Good night and sweet dreams."

I lie down onto my bed once again and started replying him,

"Yeah, I hope you dohee."

"Yeah, I hope |" 

"Yeah|" 

I don't know what I should reply. I deleted the message that I was supposed to send and closed my phone. Now I can't sleep anymore, I opened the lights and went straight to the hallway."Is there someone up, right now?" I whispered.

The light was coming from the kitchen and no one would be awake at a time like this. I was about to go to the kitchen when I heard a spoon fell causing me to scream.

"Chorong, are you okay?" Mom came out from the kitchen and asked. I sighed, nodding as a response."I was making myself a coffee. Would you like one?" She asked.

Mom led me to the kitchen and let me sit on a chair. I watched her as she went to get a mug."Why are you up at this time, mom? You should be resting." I said.

"I have my days when I can't sleep but it's nothing serious. I just love how silent it would be you know?" She replied as she poured hot water in a mug with coffee powder."How about you?"

"I couldn't sleep, I guess." I replied, taking the mug from my mother.

She grabbed a chair and sat beside me."You can tell me all your problems like a friend today." Mom said while smiling.

                                  ✏

It was already 6:30 a.m and I had to go  to work. It was nice to finally talk to my mom and I can't help but be happy today.

"Chorong! Someone is waiting for you outside, you slow poke." Chanyeol shouted outside my room.

For a second, I thought about who would be waiting for me. I immediately opened the door and went outside to meet Taehyung.

"Taehyu-"

I quickly shut my mouth when I saw Mark standing outside our gate. He patiently wait as I walked towards him.

"Why are you shouting?" He asked me as he tossed a car key to me. I caught it and showed him a confused look."You will drive."

I glanced at both side of the road to check on Taehyung."Wait- I mean, can I at least check on my phone?" I asked then started texting Taehyung that he can't pick me up.

I saw a motorcycle coming towards our direction and that's when I started panicking."Sir, you have to look at that!"I shouted while pointing at the sky.