Chapter 18 || He is the Boss

Chorong

Hayoung giggled."Wait, are you going to take Chorong from us?"She asked then shook her head."You can't do that. I already gave her a job."She took a sip of her coffee and glanced at me.I just nodded in response.

"Why are you both here?"Mark asked and then pointed his index finger at the staircase.I didn't notice it before.His eyes met mine but he quickly looked at Hyunjin and Hayoung."The party is upstairs. You were suppose to host it."He said.

Hyunjin stood up from his chair and replied."Hayoung wanted to wait for Chorong.Let's go."He lend his hand out to Hayoung and she happily held his hand.He never done that for me, I thought.I followed them while staring at their hands."By the way, we should hangout sometime. The four of us, I mean."Hayoung said.

"The four of us?"I asked.

"I am busy."Mark replied.

Hayoung nodded."Then, it would be us three only. Isn't that fun?"She asked Hyunjin. He just nodded and opened the door for us.When I went inside, It's a bar.I never went in a bar, before.Hayoung let go of Hyunjin's hand then grabbed my mine."Stay here,I'll go get us a drink."She said to me as she left me in a table. 

Hyunjin went into a group of people as Hayoung let go of him, maybe talking about business.To think that Hyunjin really became a professional photographer, I thought about the mistake I made before.It was wrong for me to discourage him.The question is, where did Mark go? I looked around and saw him talking with a lot of people ,too."I will do my best with my job from now on."I whispered to myself then a cocktail landed in front of me.

"Martini."Hayoung said as she sat beside me.I bowed my head and grabbed the glass of martini, hesitating a bit."You don't drink?" She asked me then pointed at the martini and gestured me to drink it."It's good."Hayoung said, encouraging me.It's not that I drink, I guess I don't trust myself.

"She gets easily drunk, that's what she wants to say." Mark suddenly appeared beside us then sat with us.He took the martini from me and looked at Hayoung."This is strong." Mark told Hayoung.

Hayoung giggled."Why don't you drink it, then?"She asked Mark as she rested her chin on her hand.He was about to drink it when I stopped him.Mark raised an eyebrow at me, I grabbed the martini from him and drank it with one shot."Heol."Hayoung said then laughed.

I can feel the warmth as the martini went down to my throat, I cleared my throat."It's good."I told Hayoung. She stood up and told us that she has to go and do something. I nodded then blinked my eyes. The alcohol is starting to hit me, It was only one drink. I immediately lost my balance but I grabbed the table and able to keep my balance."What are you doing?"Mark asked.

"How can she betray me?" I asked him, slowly. I can feel anger, right now. I don't know why but I want to shout at everyone and tell everyone how I really feel at this moment. I stood up from my chair and supported myself with it."She is so nice, you know? But, it was all fake. She totally backstabbed me.You know that right?!"I shouted at Mark, while pointing my finger at him.

He stood up and grabbed my arm."You are really drunk." Mark said, shocked. What is he talking about? I shook my head and placed my index finger on his lips."I only had one, I am not drunk at all."I told him and shook his hand off from my arm. I went to the counter and slammed my hand on it.

The bartender smiled at me then offered me a non-alcoholic drink. I shook my head."I am not drunk, I told you already! She will never be forgiven, I promise you that. So, give me something!" I said in frustration. Mark dragged me away from the counter after apologizing to the bartender. I pushed him away and laughed." What did I do to you? Why did I have to suffer from you? I was just doing my best , getting good grades and getting a great job. I don't know why I have to be hurt because of that. Why don't you tell your girlfriend that she needs to accept and be contented with everything?! I don't know why she hates me so much about it when she gets enough grades to get her a great  job, too. Now, my head really hurts." I said then breath heavily.

Mark sighed."You should go home. I'll give you a ride." He said, approaching me. I stepped back and then someone shouted catching my attention. I walked towards the table they are making a fuss with. A guy placed glasses in a row then small glasses on top of it."Soju bomb!" Everyone cheered. I saw the guy mixing Soju with beer in a very unique way. I cheered with everyone else.

"Chorong, you just got drunk yesterday and now. You need to go home." Mark said while behind me. I pushed my way through the crowd and drink one glass of Soju bomb. Everyone started cheering for me, Mark immediately dragged me away before I could finish my fourth drink. Hayoung spotted me and laughed." Ya, you shouldn't have given her the martini." He said to Hayoung.

"I didn't force her. She took it from you and drink it without any hesitation." Hayoung said with a smile. I nodded while showing a thumbs up to her. She showed me a thumbs up in return then gigged."She is going to have a serious hangover, tomorrow." She told Mark then winked at him.

I covered his eyes and laughed." She just winked at you. Are you dating now?" I asked then started teasing him. Mark pushed my hand away and dragged me to the cafe, downstairs. I stopped him."Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Just come with me."Mark said and when we were outside, he stopped and knelt to pick up something. I suddenly had the urge to jump on his back. Before he could get up, I jumped on his back and shouted."Piggyback ride!" He groaned and started losing his balance. I threw my arms around his neck and then he placed his arms under my knees to support."Seriously, you are heavy." He told me.

"Did you know that I really hate you? But sometimes, when you get so nice, I can't help but be suspicious at you. You can't fool me. I know that you really hate me, too."I said, but he didn't respond and continued walking."Did you also know that when I found out that I was going to work under you, I quietly cursed at you. You only hired me just to make fun of me, anyway. I should have quit, then. "

"You should've." Mark replied.

"I also remember the time, you gave me an umbrella. Was it when my dog died? You must be think that I was exaggerating. Soaking myself under the rain because of my dog's death. That happened before you started bullying me. You should be thankful that I still have your umbrella. I was starting to think that I should throw it away. I actually thought you were really nice."I told him as I rested my chin on his shoulder. Mark just scoffed and dropped me, slowly. He opened the door to the back seat and told me to go inside. I went inside and fell asleep as soon as I laid down.

__________________________

chocolate chocolate chocolate  

{Yup, another chapter with drunk chorong}